Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matchless DC30 schematics available

Greetings!

I'm a Ceriatone DC30 clone owner and have drawn up some schematics. They include a few mods I have done.

Power supply
    Preamps
    Phase inverter and power amp

DISCLAIMER: These schematics were drawn for my own use. I'm happy to share them but take no responsibility for their accuracy. I am not in any way responsible for any misuse or misadventure arising from their use by any other person.

Chur!

ian@igmusic.co.nz

Thanks very much for the clear schematics! How does the unmodified schematic compare to a Matchless DC30 schematic? Are there significant differences between the Ceriatone schematic and the Matchless, or are they about the same? I've been thinking about building a clone and am trying to decide on which kit and schematic. Ceriatone or Weber etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
      Thanks very much for the clear schematics! How does the unmodified schematic compare to a Matchless DC30 schematic? Are there significant differences between the Ceriatone schematic and the Matchless, or are they about the same? I've been thinking about building a clone and am trying to decide on which kit and schematic. Ceriatone or Weber etc.
      As far as I am aware the schematic is very close, if not the same.

Comment

OK, I've just finished building the Ceriatone DC30, and have been testing it out for two days. Do you find the amp incredibly bright? I find I need to turn the treble control all the way down and also use all the cut control. I'm wondering why they voiced the amp this way. Are any of your mods intended to cut down on the treble? The only mod I made is to change the master volume to a Larmar PPIMV - 250 K-ohm dual ganged pot with 2.2M resistors in parallel from the wipers to ground. I find the Larmar MV control is a big improvement over the stock cross line MV in this amp.

Comment

Working...
        X