Goodman's goodness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodman's goodness?

I have acquired some Goodmans audiom P-18 "Power Range" speakers.
    Rated 100W (nom) .
    I believe that these drivers are instrument speakers.
    Has anyone any experience of these, Ideal Bass Guitar speaker?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by unparalleled View Post
    Rated 100W (nom) .
    I bet that's 50W RMS then and I'm guessing they must be amongst some of the last speakers made by Goodmans (by the look of that basket.) The magnets look sorta wide-ish - suggesting large diameter voice coils maybe? Hard to tell until you chuck 'em in something and hear what they have to say.
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Should be great for bass with a low powered valve amp. I used to have an old Celestion 18" similar to this, in a huge particle board cabinet (about the size of a 4x12) with a tuned port. It sounded pretty fat. Unfortunately I had to store it in a damp basement, and mould killed it.

Back in those days, the theory of ported cabinets wasn't so well developed, so you just tuned the port to the same frequency as the speaker's own resonance. Mine was 35Hz, and it really rumbled out the low E.

What impedance are they?
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
        Should be great for bass with a low powered valve amp. I used to have an old Celestion 18" similar to this, in a huge particle board cabinet (about the size of a 4x12) with a tuned port. It sounded pretty fat. Unfortunately I had to store it in a damp basement, and mould killed it.

Back in those days, the theory of ported cabinets wasn't so well developed, so you just tuned the port to the same frequency as the speaker's own resonance. Mine was 35Hz, and it really rumbled out the low E.

What impedance are they?
        They are 8 ohm.
        Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X