Need schematic for Line 6 Ax2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need schematic for Line 6 Ax2

Having trouble with excessive hum radiating from amp to single coil pickups.
    didn't used to have this problem and humbuckers seem fine as does the aux in. Problem is equal on both L/R sides. Anybody seen this?

Turn the guitar volume to zero. Does the hum go away? if it does, then the hum is coming from the guitar, not the amp. Your pickups are likely picking up the magnetic field of the power transformer. I bet if you stand farther away the hum is less. I also imagine if you turn and face sideways while wearing the guitar, you can null out the hum.

This would be more likely a problem of a ground wire coming off inside the guitar or something.

GOod luck finding that schematic, Line 6 doesn;t hand them out. And if you looked at it you would see transformers and other conventional circuits... then what?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The noise is definately the pickups picking up the e.m.f. and yes, you can move away from it. But this is only a recent symptom. I have tried many shielded guitars, cords, outlets. I used to be able to sit in front of it and play and turn knobs but now its so bad that on some of the factory presets the noise will bust right through the noise gate without even touching the strings! So I suspect something afoul in the the early gain stages of the preamp causing a ground loop or bad filter cap but hard to trace w/o schem. Anything beyond that and I'm lost. The power amp operates well and the pwr. supp. shows normal ripple voltage. I guess these schematics are imposible to find but I thought I'd try.

Comment

You can move away and it diminishes. Your humbu8ckers don;t pick it up. How can this be the amp's fault? The amp has no idea which guitar you plug into it, so it can;t make noise for just one guitar. if the filtering or grounding or all those other theories were true, then ANY guitar would react like this.

On the other hand, a ground wire can come off inside the guitar, or you can leave out the screws on the cover plate so it doesn;t make good contact with the shielding inside. Something may have changed in the guitar. You are convinced something changed in the amp, so it should not be hard to imagine something changing in the axe.

Really, honest, there is nothing wrong with the amp, from your stated evidence anyway.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X