custom kraft model 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom kraft model 900

I was digging through my closet getting ready to prepare for a move and I ran across a 1x12 amp I bought 25 years ago. It is still working and sounds great but I would like to try to get a schematic for it. If anyone has one please let me know. Thank you very much

It is likely a Valco made amp. Could be ten different schematics. Look at the features and tube complement your amp has and look for a similar Gretsch, Harmony, Supro, or National. The Pittman book will have several, as well as Schematic Heaven.

Comment

They were also manufactured by Magna Electronics (Magnatone) and Kay Musical Instruments so if you're out of luck with Valco try those two after them.

But really, why not just sketch out the circuit yourself? Without doing so you can never be 100% certain if the schematic you might happen to find is an accurate one. All CK amps I've seen so far have been really simple circuit wise.

Comment

Amen to that.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the responses

I have been incredibly busy and was really wanting a schematic at the moment just to see if it said what ohm speaker went with my 1x12. I am going to have to do some research on some of the amps mentioned above. I know nothing about valco, I would say they must have been somewhat popular at one time? I am curious to find out what there nitch was? My particular amp gets good ratings on harmony central for what that is worth. And to my ears I can see why, I really like it. I have 4 lady luck speakers that are ready bought and paid for and it seems like one could possibly be a good match for this amp but I didn't want to hook up my 16 ohm speaker and do some damage to the amp. Anyway thanks again for the responses.

Comment

Working...
          X