Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS - 9 Trouble

Im a noob so bare with me.

Ive recently aquired a TS - 9 tubescreamer from 1984. For the last six months it has worked perfectly and sounded fantastically but just recently ive started getting a very loud clean signal while the pedal is on. So its like there is half distortion and half clean.

Ive taken a look in side and asthetically it all seems fine, no poor soldering or lose joints.

Any advice??

Cam
    Last edited by cam_wonders; 08-18-2009, 05:55 AM.

Do any of the controls affect the loud clean signal?
    Is the problem caused by, or suseptible to, mechanical shock? ie try gently wiggling components on the pcb to see if that brings the problem on/off (be very careful not to short any part of the pcb to the case.
    As a side issue, the electrolytics on my pedals of that era have got a bit tired, such that my TS9 will oscillate with the gain up full.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Ive taken it apart and soldered new output/input jacks but that did nothing. I tried wiggly all parts of the board, every wire and every solder joint but didnt have much luck.

The volume knob turns down the whole signal. The Drive and tone knob only effect (i think) the distorted signal.

Could it be a dry solder joint on the circuit board? If so is there anyway of fixing it easily without soldering the whoooole board bit by bit.

Cheers
      Cam

Comment

Working...
      X