Dog ear humbucker baseplate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog ear humbucker baseplate?

Is there suppliers anywhere? Not P90 dogear plates.

The standard humbucker base plate legs are too long for what I want - I've tried bending and cutting the legs but they'll invaribly snap off and also redrilling them exact centre is a pain the butt also!

Cheers in advance.

I've just seen that mojotone have 'short legged' plates and have ask the question of them just exactly how short they are.

Has anybody used them who could tell me?

Comment

*I have never seen completerly flat base plates. I have Mojo base plates. I'll can measure them when I get home, but I guess that they are like 10 mm long (around 0.4"). I use them almost exclusively and I think that they both sound and look good. Some don't like that they have two rows of drilled hole but I'm fine with that. Especially for my RetroPhonics (Gretsch-look-alike-in-a-HB-case-pickups).

Comment

The legs are even shorter, slightly over 6 mm so I'd say that the exact measurement is 1/4"

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Naglitsch View Post
          The legs are even shorter, slightly over 6 mm so I'd say that the exact measurement is 1/4"
          Thanks for that - Mojotone replied last night saying they are approx .275" . . so I'll order a few and try them out.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X