Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg VH-140c preamp or distortion project

Hi everyone,
    I want to build a rackmount preamp or distortion based on the VH-140c. What if I just want to build a distortion unit based on the circuit? I found the schematics, but I can't locate the IC's by googling the part numbers(ILU-72, 37-072-01). Anyone know where I could get them? Also, if anyone has built something similar, I'd appreciate any links that may help.

Thanks in advance!

This IC is the TL072 IC, very common....couple of places you can purchase them....You will probably want to purchase the 8 pin DIP package like the package in the VH140C

TL072 - MCM Electronics Search

TL072

Comment

Thank you! I tried searching the data sheets...How did you cross reference/identify the numbers?
      Last edited by DFH120; 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I am the owner of a service center that does warranty repairs for them, I have been repairing their equipment for 25 years or so. I looked at the schematic and found the part number, very common part. I sent you two a couple of places that I like that sell them.......I do this for a living.....Good luck on building the distortion box with this.....Let us know how it turns out, and if you need any more help !!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X