sensor wont count at high speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sensor wont count at high speeds

I'm just putting my winder together with the sewing machine motor and foot pedal ,with the cub 3 counter and a proximity sensor it counts wrong and even stops at high speeds seem OK until about quarter throttle which it fairly fast maybe i might use a dimmer switch instead i don't think i will get a smaller pulley ...just one more thing how long does it usually take to wind the average strat pickup like 5000 winds
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
    I'm just putting my winder together with the sewing machine motor and foot pedal ,with the cub 3 counter and a proximity sensor it counts wrong and even stops at high speeds seem OK until about quarter throttle which it fairly fast maybe i might use a dimmer switch instead i don't think i will get a smaller pulley ...just one more thing how long does it usually take to wind the average strat pickup like 5000 winds
    This is a known problem. The duty cycle (fraction of a revolution the switch is closed) is too small, so at high rpm the pulses become too short for the counter to notice.

Make the prox sensor detect a spinning metal disk with one half at radius one and one half at radius two, where the radii differ by about a half inch. This will yield a 50% duty cycle, and the CUB3 will be happy.

Comment

thanks i used a bigger peace of metal about half the circumference of the wheel it's only shielding tape anyway
      works better now i think i got something like 2000 counts per min now
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

just one more thing how long does it usually take to wind the average strat pickup like 5000 winds
        The average 60's - 70's Strat pickup had, on average, between 7,800 - 8,200 turns, depending on the exact year.

Comment

Did i just see the words...

"average"

"strat pickup"

"exact"

...all in the same sentence?
          Today is a good day.

Comment

...just one more thing how long does it usually take to wind the average strat pickup like 5000 winds
            That depends on how fast you are winding... it takes me about 8 minutes to wind that many turns.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by yescaster View Post
              Did i just see the words...

"average"

"strat pickup"

"exact"

...all in the same sentence?

Yep, and I saw "between" in there as well

Comment

Working...