X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Ampeg/Crate Schematics?

Hello...

I called LOUD Tech. today and asked for a schematic for a Crate PFM-60
    powered monitor and a complete stuffed power amp board for an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro. Even though I am on their 'repair center' list, I was told they didn't have schematics for about 60% of SLM's products and they didn't know when they would be getting schematics or stocking parts for SLM either.

WTF?

Maybe they don't want anyone to fix Ampeg/Crate anymore hoping customers would simply buy new amps when the old ones die?

Anyone out there have a PFM-60 schem copy? I will pay for it just to get this
    POS monitor off my bench.

Thank you,
    Ken
    www.angeltone.com

schematic site

I'm not sure you will find what you need, but you might check out this site.
    http://www.freeinfosociety.com/elect...page.php?cat=1
    sorry, I don't know how to set it as a hyperlink for you.

For some reason this site never comes up on schematic searches, but they have tons of amp schematics and most are of good quality. Its worth keeping a note about this site. I hope it helps. John

Comment

Hello..

Nice site! Unfortunately no Crate power amp schemos. I am going to bookmark this one.

Thank you,
      Ken
      www.angeltone.com

Comment

I have PFM65 I can send right now - it's on disc. I have a very small copy of the 60 on paper - about 4x6". I'm willing to scan it.

The two are similar.

If you are a former repair center or something equivalent, ask them if they still have any of the CD ROM discs left.

"SLM Electronics: Schematics, Pictorials, Technical Bulletins, & Parts Lists"

Release 4.0 from Fall 2005 is the latest one I have.

The disc does not include archives, but it does have many recent models. I fire it up a lot. The PFM65 is on there.

You can email me at tmenzo at msn dot com. make the subject line the make, model, and "schematic request."
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You got 4.0? I was SLM service since '99 and never got that one, I got two of 3.0 instead on the same day. Why? Damfino.

Thank you,
          Ken
          www.angeltone.com

Comment

I never got 3, only 2 and 4.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Trade you a 3 for a 4...

Ken

I emailed you - ohmwiz@yahoo.com
              www.angeltone.com

Comment

Oh, maybe I'll just hang onto my 4, thanks.

Comment

I have a Release 1 from Feb 2001 and a 3.0 from spring 2004. Seems like they were very un-organized with the distribution. But ... I sure appreciated that they put them out. I wish they made higher resolution files though.
                  Tom

Comment

I'm looking for a printer that can print good 11x17 pages. Printing schematics nowadays on the usual lettersize paper is murder when you try to read it.

Ken
                    www.angeltone.com

Comment

Make a file of them and run over to Kinkos. On a floppy probably still works or one of those keychain things. Set up with a call and you could even email them the file.

My terminal sits on my bench these days, so often as not I am not looking at paper anyway, and I use the magnify feature of adobe reader a lot.

I understand the problem though. SOme really large paper files wind up as four scans.

Comment

I use an HP9800 for 11"x17" page printing. However, I have often found that the resolution of the files is so low that a larger print is not always easier to read.
                        Tom

Comment

If the originals were 11x17 it helps. Best of all is when the drawing was generated in software so you can blow it up to billboard size.

Comment

Yep. It's really nice when that works.
                            I have not has such good luck with the files off the SLM CDs. It would be great to have the original CAD files.

Comment

I think most of the SLM files were scans. And unlike Fender, they didn't include much archival stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X