No sound from Marshall MG50dfx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beanoir View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with the same amp, only I don't get any sound from the main speaker when plugging the guitar or cd player into the loop in.

I've never ventured into taking an amp apart, i've got the back off and the speaker is connected, and works too if I connect it directly to my cd player. There is also perfect sounds coming out of the headphones socket.

Any help for a serious amateur would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nick
    Welcome to the place.

You may find it better to open a new thread for your amp, as your problem is not the same as the earlier case.

I believe that the headphone out is driven from a separate output chip, so the preamp is working and your problem lies in the power amp output board.

The board contains a single IC output chip, a TDA 7293. It may be a bad chip or another bad part on the board.

What skill level are you at? What sorts of test equipment do you have access to?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I have to say, my skill level is bottom rung, i'm sure if I put my mind to it I could have a good go, but at the moment I am struggling to see how to even open up the amp casing, I can get the back off to see the speaker but thats it.

I have no test equipment either, so that probably limits my ability to do too much.

In fact, I tried removing the small black housing on the rear that I assume is the fuse cover and the screws keep turning but wont come out!!

I'm doomed I think!

Comment

Originally posted by beanoir View Post
        I'm having a similar problem with the same amp, only I don't get any sound from the main speaker when plugging the guitar or cd player into the loop in.

I've never ventured into taking an amp apart, i've got the back off and the speaker is connected, and works too if I connect it directly to my cd player. There is also perfect sounds coming out of the headphones socket.

Any help for a serious amateur would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nick
        Clean the EFX loop jacks with contact cleaner first. Don't waste time until you take care of the simple stuff first.
        sigpicCharlieP
        (2)Peavey VK 112 2008
        Fender SuperSonic 60W 112 2010, 5E3 Build Mojotone
        Met. Red LP Gibson Robot 2008 Tronical Tuners
        Faded Cherry LP Gibson 2007
        Fender Strat HSS LSR S1 2008 Pearl
        Fend FSR Telebot Dlx Candy App 2011 Tronical Tuners
        Gretsch G5120 2007 Black

Comment

Thanks CharlieP and 52 Bill. I have taken the amp section out and sprayed some electrical contact cleaner around the switches and everywhere else, not much joy still.

There does seem to be some sound leakage if I turn the volume up to max. Stuck now though, no obvious signs (to me) of any broken contacts or burn out capacitors etc.

Whats the next step, is there any tools I should invest in etc?

Thanks for your help so far peeps.

Nick

Comment

I have a marshal Mg250dfx. had one speaker that worked and one that didn't. Switched the speaker inputs, the one that worked didnt work now does and the one that worked didn't work. Pulled it apart and found what looks like an all black resistor and been broken off the circuit board. It reads "rw5w" and under that it says "0.1ohmJ" anyone know where i can get a new one?

Comment

https://www.parts-express.com/01-ohm...erance--015-.1

Comment

Working...
              X