independant adjustable bias 4 peavey bravo..please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• independant adjustable bias 4 peavey bravo..please help

hi can anyone sus out independant adjustable bias 4 peavey bravo.....i have done i adjustable cermet on incoming bias this seems to work great 4 matched tubes....schematic in my last post...any help would be mismatched tubes runnin in my bravo......thanks in advance......enzo....steve......help me im from leicester.....
    i used to be really good at getting the magic smoke out of equipment,but as i get older i seem to be losing the ability.i blame it on this forum

Welcome to the place. You don;t need to start two threads for this amp, I responded to this in your other thread.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

w

hi enzo im pretty confused now...pontiac pete was the only one who responded to my originalpost...he asked for schem 4 bravo ,,i posted schem,,,and in meantime i sussed overall bias mod based on valve king mod... which brings me back to my second post {ever}im lookin 4 independant bias mod 4 each tube,,,,,,iff you responded to this i apolagize but havnt seen your response...im new to actually posting on forums...ive been watching and learning from afar......
      i used to be really good at getting the magic smoke out of equipment,but as i get older i seem to be losing the ability.i blame it on this forum

Comment

No apology needed, threads don;t cost anything. Just didn;t want to get spread out.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

What is the need to bias all independantly? Some variation in bias is most likely going to give you a less sterile sound. Perfect bias for each tube is not going to give you perfect tone.
          sigpicCharlieP
          (2)Peavey VK 112 2008
          Fender SuperSonic 60W 112 2010, 5E3 Build Mojotone
          Met. Red LP Gibson Robot 2008 Tronical Tuners
          Faded Cherry LP Gibson 2007
          Fender Strat HSS LSR S1 2008 Pearl
          Fend FSR Telebot Dlx Candy App 2011 Tronical Tuners
          Gretsch G5120 2007 Black

Comment

yeah i hear ya...but i like the ability to mismatch my tubes to my liking ...but also from past experience there is a lot of people selling supposedly matched pairs and quads that actually are nowhere near sometimes..so i like tha ability tomatch them slighty nearer if you like........

Comment

Originally posted by ampstepper View Post
              yeah i hear ya...but i like the ability to mismatch my tubes to my liking ...but also from past experience there is a lot of people selling supposedly matched pairs and quads that actually are nowhere near sometimes..so i like tha ability tomatch them slighty nearer if you like........
              Sometimes the tone is better with a little mismatch!
              sigpicCharlieP
              (2)Peavey VK 112 2008
              Fender SuperSonic 60W 112 2010, 5E3 Build Mojotone
              Met. Red LP Gibson Robot 2008 Tronical Tuners
              Faded Cherry LP Gibson 2007
              Fender Strat HSS LSR S1 2008 Pearl
              Fend FSR Telebot Dlx Candy App 2011 Tronical Tuners
              Gretsch G5120 2007 Black

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieP View Post
                Sometimes the tone is better with a little mismatch!
                quite true, and it might be nice to quantify and reproduce differential bias so some sense can be made of it. My latest Bravo pcb clone has independent bias and 1ohm precision resistors to allow for this! (as well as a cath bypass cap for V2A and a bypass tap for the dual diode noise gate)

Comment

Working...
                X