Any current info on GJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

take it down...

Then they should take their site off-line.

I just went there and put in a mock order and I got all the way to the secure checkout page. If they are out of business the right thing to do would be to render the site inoperable. Otherwise it just seems as if they are hoping to ripoff the unsuspecting.

Comment

If Pat is gone or broke or something I doubt he would know how to do it himself. There are alot of dead website presences up and still running with no one at the wheel....
      http://www.SDpickups.com
      Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. It's always good to have multiple sources for parts. Now there is one less.
        www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

late in the game...

I had some similar problems a while back, but then was able to order at non OEM prices off the website. It was not a huge quantity of stuff. I suspect that Pat may simply give preference to non-OEM purchases when times get tough, or at randomly space intervals. Nevertheless, it is offputting. I really like his nickel covers
          Shannon Hooge
          NorthStar Guitar
          northstarguitar.com

Comment

Where are you guys getting your ceramic bar mags?
            -Stan
            ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
            Stan Hinesley Pickups
            FaceBook

Comment

There's no excuse for what whoever is running that website or that company is doing. They owe me $40 worth of bobbins I never got, I've only sent very nice emails asking Pat or whoever is there if anyone actually is there, to please send what I paid for. If they recover I doubt I'll use them if thats how they treat their customers. He's burned his bridges with most of us. At least he should be honest enough to 'fess up with what is going on instead of hiding out and hoping everyone will forget about it, thats just plain bad business...
              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

They owe me 200$ for goods I have paid for. Shannon, when did you get your stuff? Long time ago?

[parts have shipped... update at http://music-electronics-forum.com/t14995-3/#post138700 ]
                Last edited by David Schwab; 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM. Reason: edited as per Peter's request to reflect current status

Comment

Have you tried calling them? Does anyone answer that phone or is it just a machine....
                  Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

machine...

I've always had to leave messages. I also e-mail some. In retrospect, I talked to an older gentleman. He seemed nice, but he took a message.

I think if they owe you money, you need to get hard and starting calling, possibly reporting to the BBB. It's bad form to ignore a problem like that.

Peter, that experience was with GJ. I haven't bought from him since, as I suspected problems.

Which bring me back to someone else's suggestion:
                    How about we form a coop? Does anyone have experience with that sort of thing? No offense to some of the other retailers that haunt this space, but some of the parts were best priced at GJ. Maybe this was to Pat's detriment, so he can't do business as promised. Maybe we got spoiled a little, since he had no minimum orders. Then again, I own a retail glass shop, and I know, you have to make so much, or you can't cover your overhead. If you have a coop though, someone has to manage it, and you have to have directors. That might be a bit more than we want to take on. I'm just thinking out loud.

Peace
                    Shannon
                    Shannon Hooge
                    NorthStar Guitar
                    northstarguitar.com

Comment

This place has good prices on parts:

SANHE MUSICAL INSTRUMENT CO., LTD.

You have to order 200 pieces of a particular part. Bobbins are about .25 each.

I went in on some dual blade Strat style bobbins with someone. I got 100 for about $40.
                      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Here´s another Asian (Korean) part supply electric guitar,acoustic guitar,amp,parts and accessory and you have to order a minimum of 50pcs/part and thay cheaper than Sanhe....on the parts i have compared anyway!

Comment

I think all these parts come from Daeil Parts for Musical Instrument
                          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

There´s many Korean and China companys that have the same part number on covers and bobbins, i wonder who´s the maker of them?

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonH View Post
                              How about we form a coop? Does anyone have experience with that sort of thing?
                              See if you can get in touch with Steve Kersting, he ran AMPGE for quite a while. I got the sense that it was a real bear to manage.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilbiker View Post
                                There´s many Korean and China companys that have the same part number on covers and bobbins, i wonder who´s the maker of them?
                                Apparently it's Daeil Chemical. That's what I heard anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X