Blackface Pro (non reverb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackface Pro (non reverb)

Anyone currently using this amp for harp? There's been some positive yack about the tone of using a 15 inch speaker vs 10's, 12's or 8's. At 25 watts, this amp covers my output needs.

I doubt that you will get much advice on this model simply because it is a relatively rare model. The circuit is the same circuit that just about all blackface amps used, so it can be compared on that basis. You didn't say what type of 15" is in it, that'll make some difference on the tone. Basically, plug in. If it sounds good, it is good.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpull View Post
      Anyone currently using this amp for harp? There's been some positive yack about the tone of using a 15 inch speaker vs 10's, 12's or 8's. At 25 watts, this amp covers my output needs.
      I thought the BF Pro was 40 watts? Two 6L6's.

Comment

In the early days Fender tended to use undersized OTs on the Pros, to keep low end down & stop the amp from blowing speakers. Otherwise the amps are typically the same as other 2x6L6 Fenders of the same period.

E.g. a brown Pro has the same circuit & power tranny as a Concert/Bandmaster from the same period, just the OT & speaker explain the diffrrence in quoted power. The Vibrasonic had a beefed up OT & a JBL speaker (otherwise it was identical to the Pro), but didn't survive to the BF era.

Comment

Working...
        X