New specifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New specifications

So in offering some advoce in another thread, I came across the amplifier spec sheet. On it was this entry

This machine use grade gallbladder *7 of 12As not famous with behind grade use by gallbladder the EL84s and top-grade English walnut side board not wooden not real not famous.
    For the life of me, I cannot figure out what this is even supposed to mean.

I get that the wood end panels are not real wood. But gallbladder grade tubes?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

And don't call me Shirley...

Comment

Was that a post by KLDGuitar?

Comment

Computer translator I guess.

7 * (times) 12As = 12A X 7

grade gallbladder? type valve / valve type?

What was the amp?

Comment

behold the wonders of machine translation

Comment

It was that Yaqin MC-84L that Thatnaysayer asked about. it is Chinese, and obviously the trans-literation didn't work. I am having a hard time deciding what the gallbladder transliteration was intended to be.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Using an online translator I reverse translated glaabladder and then copied the two Chinese characters (that mean gallblader in english) and translated those back into english...

The result was... (drumroll)... gallblader

But, when each Chinese character is translated the results are more interesting. The first character means "courage" or "bravery". The second means "bag, purse or sack" or "to put in a bag".

This still leaves no clue (to me at least) about how that translation came about. Perhaps it means that it took real bravery and courage to put those tubes into such a sack of an amp.

Chuck
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

the machine (the program) sometimes gets confused and picks something not related IME (well, seems that way) so maybe that's what it is. What the heck is the latter part though? "Not real, not famous", etc. Plastic? Faux-wood?

Comment

This machine use grade gallbladder *7 of 12As not famous with behind grade use by gallbladder the EL84s and top-grade English walnut side board not wooden not real not famous.
                  Could "gallbladder" mean vacuum tube?

Could "not famous" mean un-matched?

And "grade" appears to refer to the pre-amp and "behind grade" the power amp.

Comment

lol, puzzler... We need someone Chinese. Could be obvious to a Chinese person (or speaker).

Comment

I feel pretty confident the last line means the end wood panels are English Walnut in appearance, but fake. SO it is not real English walnut wood.

Comment

Working...
                      X