Building Fender Frontman 212R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's harsh! (But probably true LOL)
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

Note the R1 ground symbol is different from the others. That means R1 is grounded to chassis, while the other grounds are gathered together, then sent to chassis through that resistor.
      What is the purpose of raising the ground with R1?
      ST in Phoenix

Comment

I call them insurance resistors myself. Not sure what the official term might be. PV often uses as many as sox grounds, and then some of them are tied together through 47 ohm resistors. But since the ground points at the jacks are also in contact with the chassis, those 47 ohmers are usually shorted across. but if the jack nut ever falls off, the resistor insures a ground reference.

Same here, that 10 ohm goes to a chassis connection, but so do the jack grounds in many cases. In some amps like a lot of recent marshalls, the whole thing is raised by a 10 ohm resistor from chassis in an attempt to beat ground loops.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fender FM212r

Somebody can help me to find a bill of materials from FM212r I have broken pots and i need de serial number of bill materials. please help me

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose that amp to build?

Comment

Working...
            X