Line 6 DL4 power failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 DL4 power failure

I have a DL4, and it worked great for a number of months, all of the sudden I was fooling with it today and messing in the reverse delay function, when it suddenly locked into that setting and I couldn't change anything, so I unplugged it and then plugged it back in and it won't power on (guitar chord was never unplugged initially, just the power supply). I tried a uni adapter with 9v (500ma) which I read in other posts was actually fine for DL4 but they recommend 1200ma because typically people typically "daisy chain" with other stuff, which mine is. I have it set up on a lead chord with a distortion pedal and a very small practice amp. I am also using the factory power supply. I played it with this set up for about three months. It seemed to freeze as I was twisting some knobs in the reverse delay preset. I tried the factory reset with both power out and guitar chord out, holding button A and D(tap) and then reinserting them both but still nothing...dealership told me it probably need a new board and will cost the same as the pedal did brand new ($250), anyone ever have this problem and have it fixed or have any speculations?

Hi,
    We've dealt with topics like this in the past, do a little search on on the forum ( using DL4 as a keyword ) and you' ll surely find some useful info; the DL4 has an overly ( and unnecessarily ) complicated Power Supply stage IMHO.

Hope this help

Best regards

Bob
    Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

Working...
    X