Ampeg svt classic help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg svt classic help

so my classic is sitting downstairs in my house. ive thought about selling it off and getting something less expensive so i dont have to worry about this stuff anymore but it sounds to good so im sticking it out. i bought it brand new from guitar center about two years ago. played it since. i tour a lot and what not. its def been used. about a month ago i plugged it in and did the whole power on..wait..stand by off..thing and it went from the red light to the green light but blinked green and red back and fourth. the tubes arent lighting up either. are the tubes blown? a friend said the fan might be blown also and that it would blink like that because the computer knows not to heat up the tubes without a cooling source. help me. anything helps. i need to know whats going on with my amp. thanks in advance.

There is no fan detection device.

The tubes would not be covered, but if the amp is only 2 years old and purchased new, it ought to still be under warranty.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

i dnot have any paper work from when i bought it. i know the store. is there anyway to still have it covered?

Comment

COntact the store and tell them you need a copy of "proof of purchase." All that means is a copy of your sales receipt. it needs to be something that identifies what product you bought, so a Visa slip that says merchandise $400 is no good, that could refer to a drumset. "Ampeg amplifier $400" or "Ampeg SVT $400" is fine.

If you are on the original power tubes, they might well need replacing. Especially if you are gigging regular with it. And a bad 12AU7 driver tube could cause bias trouble with your little lights. None of that would be covered - tubes have only a 90 day warranty - and they would charge you labor for finding that out. But if it actually has a problem, then that would be covered.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X