peavey bandit 112 II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey bandit 112 II

i was just wondering if some one could tell what could be wrong with this amp i will start playing no matter at what volume and it will stop making any sound at all and will go out and come back in "Somtimes" and doesnt matter how long its been on any reply will be appreciated
    thanks
    metalmike7492@yahoo.com

Isolate the problem.

COnnect the amp to different speakers. Still do it? Or OK that way?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Isolate the problem.

COnnect the amp to different speakers. Still do it? Or OK that way?

it still does it, it will go out some times as if you was turning the volume down

Comment

Clean ALL the jacks and try a different instrument cable. You may also try the guitar and cable your using with another amp to see if the problem carries over. That could eliminate the amp as the problem.

Chuck
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
          Clean ALL the jacks and try a different instrument cable. You may also try the guitar and cable your using with another amp to see if the problem carries over. That could eliminate the amp as the problem.

Chuck

i have tried 3 diff. cords and several of my guitars some mentioned at a music store that it could be a transister.. how could i tell if thats what it is

Comment

Peavey Bandit Problem

When the amp is not making any sound, insert a guitar cable between the effects send and effects return jacks and see if the sound comes back.

If the amp still does not work, try inserting another guitar cable between the preamp out and power amp in jacks and see if the sound comes back.

If the sound does come back in either case, which it usually does, you have found the problem. You will now have the choice of replacing a bad effects return or power amp input jack, or if you do not use these jacks, shorting out the switching mechanism in the jacks with a small wire jumper on the printed circuit board in which case you will never have the problem again.

If the jacks are not the problem you likely have a cold solder joint somewhere on the board and you will have to track it down. Hope this helps.

Steve
            Attached Files

Comment

I know, this is an old thread... but I just happened to have picked up a used Bandit 112 (Teal) today and it had ZERO volume (at the preamp out). So I came looking for a schematic (just to have it). Thank you Steve L for posting that.

I was able to insert a signal at the Power Amp in and had plenty of volume on the speaker. So after doing the tests recommended above, I then cleaned each of the pots with DeoxIT F5 (with fader lubricant). Voila... the amp sings once again. There are times when the pots are so dirty that a signal cannot pass through them. In this case, it was the volume pot. The other pots where stiff in turning too so I knew they could use a shot of F5. So pot cleaning is an absolute must each time you work on an amp.

Just an fyi for the next guys who visits this thread.

Tom
              Last edited by TomCarlos; 01-01-2015, 02:41 AM.
              It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Working...
              X