Vox DA15 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox DA15 problem

Hey everyone, almost a year ago I re-did my room and lost my power plug. None of the power plugs I have found have worked, is there any way to check that it won't work because it doesn't have the right power plug and it's not just dead?

Also, if it is the power plug, where can I get a new one since none of the ones that I have will work?

Thanks,
    Ezro

Try your power cord on another working device. If the device works then your amp is most likely dead and needs service. It's not likely all your cords are bad.

Comment

Well that's the problem, I don't have the actual power cord for the amp, I have a bunch of ones that look like it. My amp says it needs 120v and all these ones are 125-300v.

Comment

Anything that will fit into the power cord jack will work. Most commonly a computer power cord will work fine unless you have something exotic. The voltage rating is just that. If the cord will handle 300v safely then it will certainly handle 127.

Comment

Oh, so my amp is dead then?

Comment

Are you talking about an ordinary simple power cord, or some kind of power-brick thing that came with the amp?
            -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I am talking about simple power cords like

Do you think there is anything I can do? Because I am about to go out and buy a new amp.

Comment

You have something wrong with the amp. First check the mains fuse. If you do not have any experience with electronics take it to a tech. You could hurt or kill yourself.

Comment

Those power cords are universal, at least for you. if it works on your computer, it will work on your amp. If the amp is dead with the cord, then the amp has further problems inside.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                  X