18Watt TMB tweek bass response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18Watt TMB tweek bass response

I have a 18watt tmb head that I have been using for a while and can not tolerate the amount of bass response that it is putting out. This is the circuit from 18w forum Gabi layout 2004. I tried a few mods with no success. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and what they did to overcome them? There is so much bass that it is driving my 2061 sourmash cab through buzzing osolations.

Any mod help appreciated

I can't find that layout it seems, but you should try reducing the cathode caps on the preamp and possibly the power amp, look at a fender schematic, and try using all those tonestack values, for pots and caps and resistors. Reduce your phase inverter coupling caps drastcally. I'm not sure wha tyou have, but its probably about .01uf. try using .001uf that should really help. And as I said, use the exact tonestack values from a ab763 twin or super reverb, (those ones have the mid control that the other don't other wise they are all the same) also I believe the dual showman might have a mid control as it is pretty much a twin reverb in a head. Anyway, those things should help a little. and depending on how your triodes are arranged try putting in extra coupling caps if you have to. I could help a little bit more directly if you could post a link to the schematic, not layout if possible. but layout is better than nothing. Look near the end of this. Bruce at Mission has a nice post. http://music-electronics-forum.com/t21977/

Comment

We'll need a schematic. Sorry. Brass tacks. The demographic of individuals that are intimate with the "Gabi 2004 layout" is likely to be lacking anywhere. Please post a schematic and info on specific changes you've made. Short of that, it drops below priority for you and us.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Um... guys, that post was from 2009. Hopefully thae guy is not still waiting for help.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Darn, I need to be more observant... I just observed you are from MI, me too.

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I've been on for a little while. It's been informative and fun. ;-) Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X