HiWatt Custom 50 DR504

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiWatt Custom 50 DR504

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...

Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me out. I bought this amp in the early 90's, was used for gigging before I got it, but cleaned up nice except for the cracked face plate on front panel. Amp was stored with covers on for 20 years. All original parts and the amp still works perfectly. My Problem is I want to sell it and have no idea how much it's worth in 2009 dollars. I am looking for a nice fair mid-range price for it. Trust me I looked everywhere to try to see what it's worth but used/old amp prices are all over the place.

INFO: HiWatt Custom 50 with 2-inputs
    TYPE: AP
    Model No. DR504
    SERIAL No. 15592

I also have a 4x12 custom 'axe' slant cabinet, sealed back and insulated. The speaker material is in good shape but the vinyl is chewed up pretty good. The inside of the cabinet is in mint condition and contains original 4x12 Celestion G12-30 speakers in mint condition.

If anybody can help me with a current average price on this equipment, (used but in good working condition), it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who try to help me as I am totally clueless as to the value of this half-stack and I don't want to get ripped off when I finally get around to selling it.

Thanks for your time:
    Timerider...
    Last edited by timerider; 09-30-2009, 05:41 PM.

MHuss Hiwatt Amplifier Pages

I would hazard to guess in the $1200 - $1500 range -
    depending on what year it is

Pre Biacrowns seem to be the most desirable, later PCB the least

Comment

According to the serial number
      15000 (ex. 15587) - Late 1981 - Surbiton Facility (Hiwatt/Biacrown)

Comment

I would give you $500 LOL
        (sounds like craigslist)

Comment

Do you still have this? I'm really interested actually.
          I know this was posted a while ago, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Comment

HiWatt Custom 50 DR504

Hi SAVOIE, yes I still have the amp. I am going to try to sell it locally soon as I have no idea how to ship this stuff. I am hoping to get $1500 canadian for 1-head, 1-4x12 speaker cabinet, and 2 vinyl covers as a package deal. I hate selling used stuff, but I never use the amp anymore, (now using my 83' 4104 2x12 Marshall Combo), and I need the space and the cash. Out of curiosity does anyone out there know anything about shipping something this big, packing amp?, cost to ship? etc. I think shortly I will put it in bargainfinder etc, as best case scenario I would like somebody to show up with a pickup truck and cash in hand and get this over with quick and easy.

Thanks for your time:
            Steve...

Comment

My observations of how items like this are shipped by manufacturers is usually somehting like this:

Bag and seal the item (fitted clear plastic bag).
              Put fitted styrofoam corners or end pieces on it. These makes sure that there is space of a couple of inches all the way around the unit.
              Box it in a fitted box.
              Put that box inside another fitted box.

This gives you 2 layers of cardboard and some air gap between handlers and the item.
              ST in Phoenix

Comment

If you change your mind, I'm very interested, I'd love for you to part with just the head - shipping generally isn't that expensive, I'd be paying it.

When shipping as long as you make sure theres enough padding to avoid dings it'll be fine, I've done it loads of times!

Comment

is this head still available?

need a custom 50 or 100 for touring this summer, please email if the head is still available (thanks)

Comment

Working...
                  X