Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer 'cry's wolf!

This one really take's the cake!!

A customer asked, could we sell him a gz34 because his old one has failed and that a tech told him that's the problem and a new one will fix the amp..

A fully working replacement was fitted in front of him, how ever on slowly power up the amp it's fuse flashed and we pointed out that there is a fault with the unit. we even told him the possible cause and offered to repair the unit. Now here's where it all goes wrong,,, (1) he brought the working tube and said I'll take it to my pale who will fix it for free or could we give him a free 'fix' it job.
    No, we also said if you damage this working tube in any way you do so at your own risk, happy with that he left now, 4 day's later he returns shoutting 'this tube doe's not work I want my money back now.. Now you left this shop with a working tube and you was happy to do so and now you bring it back damaged more so it's sounds like a blown light bulbwith bits shaking around inside!

People will try any thing even when it's there fault.

We only guarantee tubes we install ourselves in amps. Same with all other parts. In other words "You broke it, you bought it".
    John R. Frondelli
    dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

...cost of the GZ34 was $XX, but the "light" show is obviously gonna cost hime MORE!
      ...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Comment

customer 'cry's wolf

The same guy returns again two day's after the tube thing and asked 'could we check a different unit for him as his pale tried to fix it and now it's not powering up! I replied 'NO' and your friend should leave things alone and showed him the exit quick! the bare faced cheek of some folk

Comment

It's not limited to your business. People all the time want me to scan their vehicle, and tell them what they need to replace. I tell them it sometimes takes a breakout box, known good parts, and a lot of meter testing to find the fault, "well could they borrow the part, 'cause they can't afford to pay me to fix it".

Comment

Try doing IT! I get people bringing in their home computers telling me that since we installed "x piece of software" at the office, their home computer quit. Of course, the reason it's the fault of the new office system is that they sent an email home and that's when everything went south. Jeez!

Comment

And then they bump into you at the grocery store...

"Oh hey man, is my amp ready yet?"

Well aside from I don't recall which amp goes with your face, I AM NOT WORKING AT THE MOMENT. Allow me a private life in my off hours.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

There are some customer's that think that once you worked on their amp then ANYTHING else that goes wrong in the near future (sometimes years) is your responsibility under warranty.

Some f*u*n*n*y stories

1. Guy wants a grounded power cord installed on his 45 year old amp. But he says he doesn't want to pay for any other work. He takes the amp to the "studio" and then calls and tells me that I ruined his big time recording session because the amp is so noisy. I offer to look at it and find that the controls on the unused channel are dimed. The amp is quiet when they are turned down. No charge. He calls back later and says that the amp is making crackling noises. I ask him "do you think that your 45 yearl old amp should work like new because I replaced the power cord?" He answers "yes!" I just had to say "There is nothing else I can do for you." A month later he wanted me to look at another amp ...

2. Heard a story about someone who picked up a VCR from the shop. Brought it back in pieces a few minutes later. The lady said that on the way home the VCR jumped up off the car seat and smashed itself to pieces against the car door. Not sure what she expected the shop to do about it. The shop figured that the power cord was dragging on the street outside the car door and eventually went under the back tire.

etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Maybe we should take a lesson from my old boss, the fellow I apprenticed to. He aligned the front end on this lady's car, (his high school english teacher), and the next day she called complaining of a rear flat tire. He and I went over to her house and changed the tire. While coming back to the shop, I told him we shouldn't have to do these things, he agreed, but said because she was a regular customer, it was a small price to pay. The customer knows it wasn't our fault, but like a lot of folks want something for nothing. He'll get it back on the next bill.

Comment

Ahhh, we get a million of these in the lubes business. A guy changes oil to your brand, then his wife leaves him and his dog dies, and he's sure it's your oil that caused it.

Comment

customer 'cry's wolf

Reading these reply's made my day

Yet even when you go that extra mile to help new and old customers they still try it on!

Just like today this chap brings in his damaged active speaker 'saying it's under warranty so it should be repaired free of charge! I looked at his sale's paper and pointed out (1) it was not brought from here and there for your best bet is take to the store were you brought it!

Comment

Reminds me of a hardware store person that came into the shop to get something fixed. He told me a lady complained to him that he cut a piece of glass wrong, that she wanted it 8 X 10 and he cut it 10 X 8.

He said he turned it 90 degrees in front of her and a dumbfounded look came on her face.

He said it was a true story.

Comment

I play that gag on waitresses all the time. They plop down my meal plate and I say "Oh no, I wanted my potatoes on the left..." The dumb ones look at me like I am nuts. The smart ones go "certainly, sir," and rotate the plate.
                          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It's the simple gags like them that make your day

Comment

Remember, there's a "bench humor" section here- Chock full of funny. I like the one about the amp chassis filled up with mashed potatos.

Comment

Working...
                              X