guitar amp fx loops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar amp fx loops

I have a Laney AOR head with a send/return fx loop on the back. Whats the best pedal to use in this loop to get the biggest lift in volume for when it comes to playing solos?
    Any advice appreciated thanks.

Hey Frosty. Are you looking for a clean boost or a boost with distortion? You don't give much details in what you want but these are some of my favorites.

If you want clean:

If you want boost with distortion:

And of course there are lots more than that to choose from.
    [URL="http://www.TubeAmpHeads.com"]Tube Amp Heads[/URL]

Comment

Any clean boost pedal or try an eq. Search "boost pedal shootout" and go from there. ALso, just try the boost after you guitar and save that amp-loop for flanger, delay and reverb.

Comment

Sound Boost

I think you are the correct path.
        If you boost from the effects loop, your desired sound will be more stable.
        If you boost from the front end, you get all kinds of gain things going on.
        For better or worse.

Comment

Several companies, including EHX, make what are essentially volume-pot-in-a-box pedals. These let you go from some normal bypassd volume setting to something less than that, as set by the volume control on board. Unless you absolutely need extra "push" for your signal, the other approach you can take is to simply stick a preset volume pot in the send/receive loop such that when you engage the loop it turns you down, rather than turning you up. Same net effect, and it is hard to get any purer and simpler than a single passive pot..

Comment

Working...
          X