Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be wrong place But i got mackie 32.8 mixer with an un even stereo main output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be wrong place But i got mackie 32.8 mixer with an un even stereo main output?

Any help before i start to tear down this bad boy, im looking for schematics and service manual ive emailed mackie there usually surprisingly good about giving me any schematics as long as i agree to thier terms. Do you guys have any ideas how this could be i mean maybeits as simple as a bad fader but actuelly i think he said that it was un even in all the subgroups as well. oh and i know that fader 30 has a bad amplitude curve meaning a bad slider im sure. but yeah thanks for you guys help tons!!!

Don't think about what "he said," before you open it up, set it up and find out exactly what it does. You think it is a fader? Fine. Max the fader and turn down the source some so the level is reasonable. Are the two sides the same now?

If the signal is lopsided in the subs, then chances are good it will also be lopsided in the main.

Are we talking a little lopsided, or is it WAAAYYY off?

Does the VU meter agree with your ears?

Does it react this way from inputs across the board? Or just one input channel?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

yeah right god advice is not just a little lopsided its fairly lopsides like 70 percent 100 percent im gonna go to sleep but ill say what i found when i do open it tomorrow. and thanks enzo

Comment

Could be a bad fader, but other likely suspects are a dirty insert jack or a bad ribbon cable, just knowing the typical Mackie 8-buss failures.
        John R. Frondelli
        dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

That is certainly true - always worth the time to take every ribbon cable in the thing halfway off its pins and then shove it back into place.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X