No announcement yet.

Schematics for Behringer EUROPOWERED PMP5000 mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help, i need a schematic for my pmp5000, its the only amp i have to do gigs with, the effects section doesnt work, doesnt even light up, rest ok. please help if you can, i have electronics experience.

Comment

Look at the post right above yours. The PMH5000 should use the same FX unit.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Dead shorts in low current portions of these are more times than not, shorted chip bypass capacitors. They are mounted near the rails of every IC on the efx board. There are lots of possible tracing tricks, but I doubt is you have the equipment needed to isolate one of dozens of bypass caps on the same 5volt rail.
        A milliohm meter would be useful, particularly if it has "4-wire" measurement capability. I use a pulse generator driving from 0 to peak 5 volts and look for ringing on a scope or using a current loop. Another method would be running the module directly from a current limiting bench power supply and isolate which rail traces have the greatest voltage drop. Another way that is not recommended for all situations but using a high current regulated power supply, and adjustable current limiting set to about 10 amps. Using large gauge wire, connect the ground well on the module and briefly touch the supply positive lead to the +5volt rail on the module. The shorted cap will burn itself out clearing the short. Replace the cap with another surface mount bypass and reassemble the unit.
        When I had my large service shop, with 15 techs working on dozens of Behringers a day, handling the entire western half of the US(Behringer only had two shops do all their work at that time), we probably had to find 5,000-6000 shorted surface mount bypasses.
        Good luck...

Comment

PMP 5000 monitor 1 & 2 sends dead, effects too.

Originally posted by Techknowman View Post
          Maybe one of the op amps.
          Do you have a schematic? I have the pmp5000 service manual.
          I accidentally plugged the outputs of an external power amp to the monitor 1 & 2 sends on my PMP5000 and powered it up. After realizing what I had just done, I corrected my connections, powered up, and now my monitor sends and dead, and my effects section is also dead. Everything works, including the internal power amp. I you send me a copy of the manual, or help my with a diag?? I did not want to open without a manual. Thank You very much with any help you may be able to supply!! - Marty

Comment

You blew out the OP amp that drives the monitor sends. Here is schematic:
            BEHRINGER EUROPOWER-P0569 HCA2400 SPS1000 DPX PMP-1280S 5000 SCH Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics
            Scroll down to "get manual" and click to download it. IGNORE other download links. One of the monitor circuits is on page 5 (MON/FX) and IC8 is apparently the driver of interest. There are other components at the output that could be blown or shorted meaning the IC may NOT be the actual problem.

Comment

looking at a pmp3000 issue just now

Guys,
              I've just been handed a problem pmp3000 with a baad sms1000 myself.
              While I will try to find schematics as well, I have substancial switching powersupply
              background,and will start by doing some troubleshooting without any as a begining.
              Should I solve this, I shall post my solutions here..and most likely look into
              taking on repair of outside units.

more once I know more.

cfh

Comment

Here is the schematic of the PMP 5000:

BEHRINGER EUROPOWER-P0569 HCA2400 SPS1000 DPX PMP-1280S 5000 SCH Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

Scroll down to the little link "get manual" and click to download. IGNORE other download links.

You are going to find the following during repair: Most likely a failure in the HCA2400 amp module has fried the power supply and you will have to repair/replace the HCA2400 before powering up with a repaired SPS1000 or you will get to do it all over again. The HCA2400 rear chaannel has a habit of arcing between layers of the multi-layer circuit board in the vicinity of the source lead of one of the SFP9640 transistors. I usually have to grind away this area to get rid of the "cancer" and reinsulate and replace the traces with jumpers. I have photos of most of this work.

The usual thing is the three switching transistors are shorted OR degraded and all have to be replaced for reliability. Often one of the 18 volt Zener gate voltage limiting diodes is fried as well. In some cases the .03 ohm metering resistor on the bottom is fried and board restoration PLUS two small SMT transistors that are part of the current limiter in the HCA2400 will be blown IF that resistor has smoked.

Now on to the SPS1000. You will often find one or both of the ceramic sand filled precharge resistors are blown. You will find the MAIN switcher IGBT's shorted or degraded and requiring replacement. Usually one or both gate speedup DL4148 SMT diodes are blown. Several of the gate driver transistors 2SC2655 and 2SA1020 will be blown or degraded. Replace them all. The IR2153 switching regulataor will be gonzo. Hardest part is safely removing the heatsinks with the IGBT. You need a desoldering vacuum tool to get the solder from all the leads of the IGBTs and clear the holes for the tabs and the supports to get at the screws to remove the IGBT's. With SOLDER wick you would damage the circuit baord as the sodler is all ROHS high temp. You can get LowMelt alloying solder from Zephyrtronics that simplifies the process. Don't forget to remove solder from the thermal sensor on one of the IGBT heat sinks. I have now tooled up with some surface mount tools to aid in repairing these.

When you have all these parts replaced, you MUST use an isolation transformer for PERSONAL safety when repowering the supply. Also put about a 150 watt incandescent lamp in series with the power cord as a limiter to prevent re-damage should there still be a problem.

DISCHARGE the 70 volt caps before plugging in the HCA2400 or you will do some WELDING as the caps store a lot of charge!!!

The SPS1000 has a small switching supply that runs on the precharging resistors and brings up the main switchers and when the circuitry senses all is well, it closes a relay that shorts out the precharge resistors (two, usually 10 ohm vertical sandcoated resistors).

The only unit that I have seen where the HCA2400 didn't cause the problem was one where one of the SMT caps across the 70 volt output blew up.

I usually get parts from FIVE different sources to repair thes and I have part numbers for them... For example, the IGBT's I use APT28GA60BD15 as the replacement.

Good luck! Fred in Renton WA

Comment

Hi Fredy2,What are the transistors you mention as current limiting? , For example in channel B (or A) ... I have a hca2400 PMP5000 mixer with a failure to mention. SPS is ok. thank you, and sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSellig View Post

It seems to be ok, not sure how it will behave in the long run.

Gilles
                    It's a Behringer. There is no "long run" with a Behringer

Brad1

Comment

Techwoman are you still here.
                      I was just handed a PMP5000 and have a schematic but no manual.
                      I believe the user used speakon to 1/4 " adapters and channel A hit the chassis.

I'm thinking I need the HCA2400 but don't see it on FullCompass.

any info appreciated
                      Woody

Comment

If you don't SEE it there, contact them and ask if they have or can get it.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

THanks Enzo Much appreciated.

Woody

Comment

user manual

Originally posted by wodyh3 View Post
                            THanks Enzo Much appreciated.

Woody
                            Behringer has pulled a lot of the spares supply from Full Compass.

I have a lot of schematics and user manuals in PDF and can send it to your email. Contact me with Behringer in the subject line.

Fred fredy2 at the aol.com

Comment

Unless things have changed in the last six months, Behringer only ever sent out schematics, no service manuals. Owner manuals will not contain any service documents.

Our friend John Frondelli might have them at dbm Pro Audio:

Behringer Parts List

And you can call Behringer in Las Vegas and ask them if that board is available, and who could sell it to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X