Schematics for Behringer EUROPOWERED PMP5000 mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schematics for Behringer EUROPOWERED PMP5000 mixer

Is there someone who knows where I can get the schematics for a Behringer EUROPOWERED PMP5000 mixer.

The EQ side seems to be dead. I didn't opened it yet, because it's located at a friend little church at one hour from my home. If I can got the schematics I'm more sure to get through the problem in one try.

I search on the web, on the service manuals sites, but found anything.

Thanks for your help!

"The EQ side"??? Not sure what you mean.

Behringer holds their documatation very tightly, service centers have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. There are a few schematics floating around for some models. If you can be more specific, I may be able to help.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Behringer schematic

I was in a world of hurt trying to repair a blown output section on a PMH2000.
      It turns out I was missing a buss to the 15 volt zener diode.
      I did manage to find a schematic at this site. ElektroTanya | Service manuals and repair tips for electronics experts
      Not sure where they are at. Russia or somewhere. I had to register.
      Really weird, they make you take a goofy 5 question electronics test!
      Good luck.

Comment

More description of the problem

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        "The EQ side"??? Not sure what you mean.

Behringer holds their documatation very tightly, service centers have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. There are a few schematics floating around for some models. If you can be more specific, I may be able to help.
        Thanks Enzo, I have talked back with my friend and it's not the EQ (equalizer) but all the effect section on the right which is not working, and no leds come on.

May be a bad supply output, don't know if each section have a separate supply output. I didn't open it, even see it yet. I'll go there this weekend to take a look.

Comment

Found the problem!!!

I went today to my friend's church to see the problem with the mixer. Indeed, all the effects section was dead, no LEDs on neither the two numeric displays.

I opened the box (was not evident at the first look which screws I had to remove to open it...:-) ) and go directly to the supply board. Then I saw there were 3 fuses on the board. I probed them all, and F1 was blown, I replaced it and all the system came back to life.

It seems to be ok, not sure how it will behave in the long run. Was it only a bad fuse or there is something beggining to drain more current... time will say...

Thanks Enzo and Jazz for your replies, I appreciate it.

Gilles

Comment

pmp 5000

Hi
            I've got the same problem with my pmp 5000
            The fx effect sextion doesn't work at al.
            I found one of three fuses ,wich was blown.
            I replaced it but it blew right again
            Please don't mind my bad english

So has enyone a clue what to do

Comment

Maybe one of the op amps.
              Do you have a schematic? I have the pmp5000 service manual.

Comment

Hi Techknowman
                To be onnest i'm a big no no with electonics.
                I was hoping that a new fuse was solving the problem, but then it stops for me.
                But maby with some instructions ?
                I don't have any schematic or service manual. It would be great if you could help me with that.
                Thanks for your reply.

Comment

do you know what the fuse numebr is blowing. I can look at the schematic and see if i can guide you.

Comment

I don't got the mixer here rightnow
                    The type of fuse = T1H250v
                    There are two fuses next to eachother and there's one apart.
                    The one apart is the fuse wich is blown

Comment

If its F1, which i believe it is then that feeds power to the +5V regulator. 7805 IC4.
                      That being the case, it could be a bad 7805 but it could also be something in the mixer section that uses the +5V
                      Unplug X4 (6pin connector) if the fuse still blows or IC4 still gets hot with that disconnected then the problem is around IC4 or its circuits.
                      If it runs cool and doesn't pop the fuse then we have to look towards the mixer section.

Comment

Looking at page 9 of 15
                        If it turns out to be in the mixer i would look at D1, 2, 3 and 4 these diodes keep voltage coming in from the footswitch to +5.7 and -.7V. max.
                        If someone plug the wrong thing into the footswitch it could damage one or more of these and R184A and R276A (FX SECTION)

Comment

Hi and thanks Again
                          I disconnect the 6 wired cable .
                          The fuse stays in now, and ic4 stays cool.
                          I wil step on to your next suggestion.
                          I will soon be back with questions......

Comment

Hi again

Ivé looked to the back of the printboard yust under the fx display and its knobs.
                            I have found on the back of that print, only D1 and D2, but no 3 and 4
                            I also found R184 and R176 whithout the A
                            Optical there seems to be nothing wrong with these parts.
                            Can you tell me how to be shure that they are allright.

I'll proberly looking at the wrong spot.Do i need to open up the print futher to look at the other side of it?

On the other two prints i do have found D1 and 2.3.4..Do i have to look at them also?

Comment

One thing you can do is follow the heat. I normally wouldn't recomend this.
                              try putting a 2A fuse in for a short time and using the prints find any component that is getting hot that ties to the +5V.
                              The part getting hot is ether the issue or its circuits.

I suggested checking D1 - 4 because of the most likely senerio of them being damage. Because I have found this issue before.

Comment

Working...
                              X