No announcement yet.

Schematics for Behringer EUROPOWERED PMP5000 mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again thanks. Just spoke to FullCompass and Behringer has taken all the parts back inside.
    the number for anyone interested is 702 800-8290
    Just spoke with their tech support (parts was on another line) and they will call me back.
    Let you know what happens.

thanks

Woody

Comment

Hi folks. just finished replacing the Power Amp. sounds good from the line inputs but mic inputs are way low.

it seems that the path between the mic pre amp circuit and the power amp is problematic but using the line inputs from 13 to 20 seem to be fine.

any ideas.

Woody

Comment

If I read this right, you are telling us the line inputs work all the way across the board. The first 12 channel mic inputs are weak?

Are you aware the XLR "mic" inputs and the 1/4" line inputs are wired in parallel? They are the same input. SO if you are expecting more gain from the XLR jacks, there will not be. The channel trim control is there for that.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. actually, 1 thru 12 are weak both xlr and 1/4 "
          the other inputs are fine.
          I believe that 1-12 all go to the P A via mic preamps I would suspect a common bus for the outputs though.

Comment

Hello again. Just found something interesting.
            the mixer channels 1-12 seem to work fine if you take main 1 and 2 out from the top of the mixer or the monitor out from the same area.
            also If I put a signal into the PA inserts it seems fine.

but based upon the above results with channel 1-12 from the mixer to the P A I don't get it.

Woody

Comment

Um...

All the channels go onto the bus. A mic pre stage is part of each 1-12 channel. There is no common element between them other than power supply and the ribbon connection to the master board. Seems unlikely that 12 channels would all develop the same problem at once.

Each channel has inserts, so try exercising those to see if they are dirty, and use them as if they were FX loops to see if the send and return signal levels make sense.

The PMP5000 mixer should be the same as the older PMH5000, so that should make finding schematics easier.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I don't think you quite have a handle on the internal structure of this mixer. All the channels feed a bus that enters the master section. Sounds like you have a master section issue. Bypass the graphics? Clean all the cutout jacks? Is the voice cancel turned on?

Comment

Where do you have the trim controls set when you are using ch.1 to 12?
                  Originally posted by Enzo
                  I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

thanks I will give that a try.

Comment

Morning all.
                      After a complete takedown I found the Main slider to be my problem. don't know why I got the symptoms I got, but working on the slider seemed to bring everything back.

I have a call into Music Group to see if I can replace the slider or have to replace the entire board.

Woody

Comment

I use a pmp5000 at our church and the effects work, but the display just displays random segments. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also I am not real sure but the preamps (trim) seem to be extremely weak. Even with good mics I have to turn them almost all the way up, but not quite. If you go fully clockwise with them it is excessive back it off a hair and the signal is almost gone.

Thanks for any help!
                        Last edited by Brian B; 06-02-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Brian I'm having the same issue, extreme weak preamps. Did you get any solution for your problem

Comment

did replacing the slider or the board solve your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian B View Post
                              I use a pmp5000 at our church and the effects work, but the display just displays random segments. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also I am not real sure but the preamps (trim) seem to be extremely weak. Even with good mics I have to turn them almost all the way up, but not quite. If you go fully clockwise with them it is excessive back it off a hair and the signal is almost gone.

Thanks for any help!
                              What distance from the sound source and what level is the source? The preamplifiers have around 60 db of gain which is a lot unless using low output mics, mismatched impedance or too far from the source. Do all channels have the same "weak preamps"?

Comment

Working...
                              X