Weber Signature Speakers Alnico 12S vs 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weber Signature Speakers Alnico 12S vs 12

I am currently building another Tweed Deluxe and wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the Weber Alnico Signature 12" speakers. This amp will be used for home use to play blues and classic rock. I am looking for a speaker that will give me a nice "break up sound". I have listened to the Weber 12A125A in a Tweed Deluxe amp, but think it has a little too much head room in my opinion. What speaker would be better for this application, the Weber Alnico Signature 12S or 12? Thanks!

12S
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

5751 is a good swap for the 12ax7.

Comment

Want early crunchy breakup use a Weber Vintage series 12F125-O 20watt(also available in 30watt) or 12F150-O 25watt, the 150 will have a little more solid bottom end.

A 12F150-W is pretty tasty as well, just more twangy treble.

The Signatures are nice speakers but if you play the amp wound-out they will be a little flabby.

Grungy

Comment

hammond l100 alnico 12s

hi guys.
          any feedback on these?one is for high's and one for lows(in spinet organ cab).
          pretty sure there 16ohm parralel(8ohm together).
          anybody ever used em for guitar.i'm thinkin i could try a single,but i dont know wich one.i'd rather use both n move more air.
          i'm converting the amp/rev too.
          thanks.

Comment

No offence but your post needs better explaining because I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Does this have anything to do with Jmans post?

Grungy

Comment

re-hammond alnico 12's

hey grunge,
              no ofence taken.Jmans post is about weber alnico 12's."weber alnico 12's" is the header at the beginning of the thread.sounds to me like we're talkin about alnico 12's.
              thanks...

Comment

weber 12 sig

i've put two 12" alnico sig in a 5E3 one in the amp and one in an extension cab they cost $100 for both what a great deal.
                I'm very happy with the sound they produce from the amp and a 335, not a lot of money spent if they don't suit you.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I noticed Weber currently has a 10% sale going on so I ordered both the 12 and 12S to see for myself. I am also having Weber break them in prior to shipping. Cheap experiment.

Doc Murray - was your Sig 12 the 12S or 12(non S)?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X