Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diode help

Hi all, I have a power amp i'm trying to repair and one part i needed was
    a 1000mw 1N4728 zener diode d0-41 glass orange color type transparent so i ordered one up
    and the one i recieved is 1000mv marked as (a 1r 1N4728) but diode is black
    in color with grey side possibly a rectifier diode would this be safe to substitute with zener type or should i reorder the identical diode ??

Same part number; safe to say it's the same part. Different package.

Comment

The only difference between the glass and epoxy package is that the epoxy package will not break if you step on it.
      John R. Frondelli
      dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by jrfrond View Post
        The only difference between the glass and epoxy package is that the epoxy package will not break if you step on it.
        ... and is more thermally conductive, although in both of them the majority of heat removal is through conduction through the leads.
        Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

thanks for prompt reply guys, gals! one more thing i also ordered some other
          diodes the original values in power amp board that's fried are,
          1N5245 15v 500mw 1/2 WATT zeners they arrived from ebay the other day and were same part number 1N5245 but 1000mv 1 WATT version!!
          would these be safe to use or should i reorder the 500mv version as in the amp board?

Comment

1N5245 is a 500mw (.5w) diode. Any 1N5245 you get will replace a 1N5245.

If you are going by what is printed on the bag it came in, that could easily be incorrect.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
            X