Toggle Switch Brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toggle Switch Brands?

Searching didn't turn up any discussions about different toggle switch manufacturers. We all know Carling. I did see some reference to NKK.

Has anyone used/seen a Mountain toggle switch?

I'm looking for a single-pole/triple throw on/off/on toggle switch for the front panel. It will be switching different cathode bypass caps (and maybe resistors) on a 12AX7 triode.

What do you all think about this?

1055-TA2130-EVX Mountain Switch Toggle Switches

It's less than 1/2 the cost of the Carling alternative.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Chip

I use Mountain and C&K regularly for front panel tone options and have not experienced anything negative from either brand.
    -Mike

Comment

I've had Mountain switches come apart in my hand after only a few cycles of operation. Go know.
      Komet uses those NKK switches. In the same configuration a batch of 10 I found
      differences in the force required to throw the switch. So NKK aren't bad but they're not consistant if that's a concern.
      I've always liked Carling until the last few years since they've gone to Mexico for assembly. The stompbox standard DPDT has turned to useless garbage even though they sell for $14+ USD.
      C&K and Alcoswitch provide a decent product in mini toggle switches which are quite affordable. Grayhill is exceptional when price is no object. But the previous two brands are what I use any more.

I can't bring myself to skimp on switches anymore than I can use crappy pots on an amp build. PEC 2 watt pots, period. There are only a few mechanical parts in an amp so why not eliminate the chance for failure in the components the user is most likely ever to confront? I build amps for musicians but realize they can be complete gorillas and design for this inevitability. YMMV,

Noel Grassy.

Comment

I've used lots of different brands over the years. I would add also Bulgin and Marquardt to the no harm-list.

-T

Comment

Working...
        X