Electronic Kick drum box thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Kick drum box thingy

I recently bought an Alesis Performance Pad, and after watching a demo on Youtube bought a Yamaha Kp65 Kick pad, which was what was being used with it, I've since found out that the Alesis only accepts a digital trigger (on/off) and the kp65 gives out an analog signal (pizio variable), is there a simple gate circuit that would convert the kp65 signal? I've trawled the net and had no joy, and asked the poster of the Youtube demo and had no reply.

any help would be much appreciated

Is this like a kick drum pedal, and you'd be stomping on it hard?

I would think a simple switch would do it, but if you need to work off a trigger pulse, one could probably be made with a few parts. Let the trigger drive the LED side of an optoisolator with a digital suitable output side.

I don't know without experimenting if the trigger would put out enough of a spike to blink an LED, but if not, a little circuit based on maybe an MPSA13 and a battery ought to work. I am old school, so that little darlington appeals to me. Maybe something more modern like a 2N7000 or whatever that little MOSFET is that shows up lately would be better, or a simple op amp circuit.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You might want to try the transistor part of this as the KP65 expects a switch:

http://www.dtxpander.co.uk/DKDI-21.pdf

S.

Comment

Working...
      X