Musicman P-bass pickup combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musicman P-bass pickup combo

I'm building two custom basses that have both a musicman pickup and p-bass pickups wiring is unfortunately not my forte at all I'm more into the woodworking aspect but any who.

I have a couple ideas on how I could possibly want to wire these basses.

Idea 1: Would be to have two volume knobs each controlling a pickup and then one bass and one tone knob.

Idea 2: One volume, one bass, one tone and a pickup selector or two on/off switches one for each pickup

Idea 3: One volume, blend, bass, tone

I want them to b active so that i can really enjoy the full tone of musicman pickups. And another thought was instead of pickup selectors would to just have on/off switches for each pickup. If anyone could give me any help that would be kick ass thank you.

I know what I asking for is quite a lot but anything will help.
    Thanks.

Well you're not asking for a lot at all but you might be asking on the wrong part of the forum. All of the configurations you outlined are easy enough to accomplish with the proper wiring diagram. Why not buy a basic guitar wiring book with all the common schematics?

Meanwhile I don't think anyone here is going to tell you how to make an active bass module so you might as well buy that part from one of the many venders.
    The modules usually come with an array of wiring options including some that you suggested.

Comment

Well im also looking for sugestions on what modules to buy cause im not sure what to go with.

Comment

Originally posted by scvaast View Post
        Well im also looking for sugestions on what modules to buy cause im not sure what to go with.
        There aren't so many... Aguilar, Bartolini and Duncan. You can't go wrong with either of them.

I prefer Duncan.
        Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
        Milano, Italy

Comment

Working...
        X