Banjo pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banjo pickup question

Just found out that guitarist Jesse Harris plays a Deering Boston Model 6(string) Banjo tuned like a guitar and played like one.
    Below is part of an interview he gave, does anyone here know who made the pickup mentioned.?

"How do you amplify your banjo? What sort of pick up or mic-ing do you use, and why? "

"I have a custom-made pick-up that was installed by someone who works on my guitars in New York."

Deering Boston Model 6 Banjo Slung By Singer-Songwriter Jesse Harris | Gearwire

Originally posted by Alabam View Post
    Just found out that guitarist Jesse Harris plays a Deering Boston Model 6(string) Banjo tuned like a guitar and played like one.
    Below is part of an interview he gave, does anyone here know who made the pickup mentioned.?

"How do you amplify your banjo? What sort of pick up or mic-ing do you use, and why? "

"I have a custom-made pick-up that was installed by someone who works on my guitars in New York."

Deering Boston Model 6 Banjo Slung By Singer-Songwriter Jesse Harris | Gearwire
    I prefer a large diaphragm condenser mic direct through the mix. If setup properly, it can't be beat on any acoustic instrument IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoochild View Post
      I prefer a large diaphragm condenser mic direct through the mix. If setup properly, it can't be beat on any acoustic instrument IMO.
      Thanks, i`ll check that mic out if i decide to go for one of these banjos; the guitar setup has got my interest going again.

I recently heard this lad Jesse harris do the guitar backing on a song called "Come away with me", to me he has great playing style, just like Andy Summers, and both had a classical music background.

Comment

Working...
      X