Large Radial Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Radial Caps

Anyone have a good source for large radial electro caps for solid state equipment? I'm having a hard time finding a 5000uf 55v radial lead for a peavey.

MCM has a 4700uF at 63V (31-7485). Beyond that all I can find are the snap-in types.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Try Surplus Sales of Nebraska Dont be misled by the name,they sell new stock caps.

Comment

thanks guys, forgot about SSN.

Comment

If you order a 5000uf/55v from Peavey - which you can do - they will send you a 4700/63v anyway.

5000 is not a standard value and the ones PV used have not been made in years. 4700 is the closest standard value, and works just fine.

Likewise, 55v is an odd value, 63v being very common.

The hole pattern on the old blue 5000/55 is not so common. I use snap-ins, but it generally requires I drill at least one new hole for it to fit.

4700/63 is common and easily found at Digikey, Mouser, etc. Usually I find those in snap in, but Loudthud finds them in plain old radial as well, so take your choice.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

word, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X