X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• korg ax3000g

hi guys
    i have a korg ax3000g that i like.
    a friend loaned me his usb to midi cable to tweek the pedal from korgs online software ( works great )
    i have bought 2 usb to midi cables and both dont work. the second cable was the exact same cable he has...nothing.
    i have looked at the drivers each cable loads and each one is different ( viewcon....usb to midi adapter.....usb midi )
    only the usb to midi adapter that my buddys cable loads works. i tried loading all 3 drivers ( 3 different usb ports ) and then disabling the 2 bad ones....didnt work. every time you insert a cable in your usb port it loads the driver from that cable.....aaarrrgggggg....lol
    hellllppppppp
    p. s.
    the cable my friend has is some years old ( he got it when he bought the korg used from craigslist )
    thanks
    Clay

Easy one, get a midi to joystick cable and plug it into your sound card,

Comment

thanks
      im using a dell laptop amd have 3 usb ports...i asume the usb to midi cable is using my sound card.....?
      thanks again
      Clay

Comment

Originally posted by Gunn_Slinger View Post
        hi guys
        i have a korg ax3000g that i like.
        a friend loaned me his usb to midi cable to tweek the pedal from korgs online software ( works great )
        i have bought 2 usb to midi cables and both dont work. the second cable was the exact same cable he has...nothing.
        i have looked at the drivers each cable loads and each one is different ( viewcon....usb to midi adapter.....usb midi )
        only the usb to midi adapter that my buddys cable loads works. i tried loading all 3 drivers ( 3 different usb ports ) and then disabling the 2 bad ones....didnt work. every time you insert a cable in your usb port it loads the driver from that cable.....aaarrrgggggg....lol
        hellllppppppp
        p. s.
        the cable my friend has is some years old ( he got it when he bought the korg used from craigslist )
        thanks
        Clay
        Mr. Slinger:

Since it is a laptop computer I would suggest that you bring it down to a music store that carries one or more of the adaptors, and see if they have one that works for you. You may need to go to a store with a "no questions asked" 30 day return policy (cough! - gc - cough!). With such a policy they should have no qualms about opening a sealed package- better that you do it right there in the store where they can make sure that everything gets back into the box.

You may want to check the other forums to see if there is any problem having several different MIDI-to-USB drivers loaded on your computer. In my own experience some peripherals have problems with that and some don't.

I would start over from scratch, uninstalling all of the drivers, rebooting my computer and then installing the driver for the adaptor like your friend has. You might also try going to the mfg's site and checking to see if there is a newer driver.

I have never installed or used a USB to MIDI adaptor, but I have had similar problems installing other peripherals.

Good luck!

Steve Ahola

P.S. Are you going to use this at home or on the stage? I understand that the MIDI cables on many of these adaptors are not roadworthy, being no thicker than regular audio cables. For stage use you probably would want a box that has jacks for the USB cable and the MIDI ports.
        The Blue Guitar
        www.blueguitar.org
        Some recordings:
        https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

thanks steve
          i came to that conclusion today after talking to korg support...no help...lol.
          headed for (cough, cough )...lol tonite with pedal and laptop in hand.
          the problem with downloading a new driver online is that every time you plug the usb to midi cable in to the computer, the built in midi interface in the cable loads its driver and links it to the usb port that its in....aarrgggg...lol
          so its off to ( cough, cough )
          thanks for your support
          later
          Clay

p. s.
          i have deleated all the usb drivers from the laptop as the only ones there were from the 3 cables i used.
          you're right, you can have problems with multiple drivers.

lol..im becoming an expert on something i dont want to know.
          Last edited by Gunn_Slinger; 10-23-2009, 11:35 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

whoops assumed it was a desk top, I used to have issues on an old laptop with a usb keyboard, I ended up getting a midi sport interface,

good luck

Comment

Working...
            X