Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two ?'s for the price of one...

Hi all,
    I have a guy who wants a copy of dimarzio Blue Velvet's. Does any one have an idea as to what type (ie PE, Poly) wire dimarzio uses?

Also, i am at the stage where I am going to try plain enamel wire, 42g. Does anyone have a preferred source for it? at wirenetics they wanted me to buy about 5 pounds at a shot. at the time I was just starting, and it seemed too much. Maybe it's not.

Thanks in advance
    Shannon
    Last edited by ShannonH; 10-24-2009, 03:41 AM.
    Shannon Hooge
    NorthStar Guitar
    northstarguitar.com

Originally posted by ShannonH View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a guy who wants a copy of dimarzio Blue Velvet's. Does any one have an idea as to what type (ie PE, Poly) wire dimarzio uses?

Also, i am at the stage where I am going to try plain enamel wire, 42g. Does anyone have a preferred source for it? at wirenetics they wanted me to buy about 5 pounds at a shot. at the time I was just starting, and it seemed too much. Maybe it's not.

Thanks in advance
    Shannon
    Hi,
    As far as I know from rewinds DM uses Poly - I guess for economical reasons.

YouŽll be through that 5 pound spool in a very short time. If you do rewinds and vintage correct pickups on a regular basis youŽll need PE on the most part.
    There are not many vendors left supplying PE - and the PE you buy today isnŽt the same as 40-50 years ago. What I see most winders buy MWS wire.
    www.t-rod-guitars.de

Comment

Working...
    X