Fender Bullet problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bullet problems

I've got this little fender bullet I bought nearly ten years ago as a practice amp and and really enjoyed it, but after about 5 years in storage when I got it out plugged it in it only wants to hum really loud and feed back.

I took it apart and fixed some broken solder connections on the imput jack in the hopes that it would fix this problem, but to no avail it did not.

So basically what happens is:
    I plug it in to the wall, plug in my guitar, turn the amp on, and the first thing I hear is a real loud hum, and slowly starts to feed back. It does this with the volume and gain turned to zero. It also does it when there is not a guitar plugged in and no cord in the input. I can turn it up and play it, but the hum, and feedback are unbearable.

I would realy like to get this thing up and running because my gig amp stays at the rehearsal space.

Any ideas would be helpfull.

Thanks Isaac

Loud hum and squeal are both signs that a filter cap has gone bad. I'd start looking at the connections there first. As far as I know schematics are hard to come by on the Bullets. Good luck!

Comment

Or the reverb is feeding back.

Is this your amp? Or the DSP version?
      Attached Files
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Or the reverb is feeding back.

Is this your amp? Or the DSP version?
        Yes Enzo, It is more of a Reverb feedback. I unplugged the reverb springs to see if that would help it and the amp only cracked and popped then. I've checked every connection in the Amp. Soldered a few suspect connections, but nothing worked.

The schematics you have are the ones for my amp. I'm going to take one more crack at it.

Comment

Working...
        X