Help please with Vox AC30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with Vox AC30

Can anybody give me an idea of age of this amp,I would be most grateful if anyone can help, I've spent hours trying to search the internet but to no avail.
    This model has no reverb, wooden tremolo footswitch and the voltage selector is under the chassis.

ImageShack -

looks like there's a date code stamped on one of the speakers 8702 year '87 month Feb.??

Comment

That speaker code is actually 1782, would tag strip be used for an 80's amp?

Comment

I (think) that grounded AC plugs started getting used in the early 70's, so that might narrow it down to between 1970 and 1982

Comment

Well I see 8702 also. Upper left on speaker.

OK, what date codes are on the controls? And on the transformers? I didn;t see a code on that green cap inside, but how about on the large can caps outside?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi thanks for the advice, I think I have solved it now. The speakers definatly are coded 1782, I know it doesn't look like that in the photo but on close inspection of the actual speaker you can see the paint has blotted around the numbers. The other number proves these to be 125283 Fanes which were in use between 1979 - 1985 so the 82 looks like a good bet. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X