Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
    Did you intend to include a link Steve?
    At this point I have no idea where exactly I found it but I can assure you that Mark's post was the only memorable one there...

Steve A.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

I don't think that was Mark
      It was a link back to this thread. jbefumo is an actual person if memory serves.
      (GFS Mini Humbuckers? | Harmony Central)
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
        Can you post a picture of the stack with a SWEEP through all of the settings? I think that would give us a good idea of the effect of the control.

So the higher input impedance loads the signal by a 'few' dB. Nothing major. Play with the two caps to get different curves for emphasis and de-emphasis. I tried this because I wanted something opposite of a standard guitar tone control.

Credit where it's due: This experiment sparked by Merlin's preamp book where he takes the reader through the basics of frequency-dependent 'tone' networks. A basic LF control.

edit: an exercise in posting pictures. Whew! Even with Steve's step-by-step, it took about 10 minutes and half a dozen tries!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by eschertron; 06-21-2016, 02:53 AM.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          I don't think that was Mark
          It was a link back to this thread. jbefumo is an actual person if memory serves.
          (GFS Mini Humbuckers? | Harmony Central)
          I will take your word on that. I guess I misinterpretted the reference to the thread here thinking that it was his thread. My bad!

I also have a 2-tiered capacitor bypass on the volume controls (described here: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t15821/), which keeps things from getting muddy when the volume controls are turned down.
          Steve A.
          The Blue Guitar
          www.blueguitar.org
          Some recordings:

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
            edit: an exercise in posting pictures. Whew! Even with Steve's step-by-step, it took about 10 minutes and half a dozen tries!
            Hey, if you can just upload the images I'll quote your post and display them full-sized.

Thanks!

Steve Ahola
            The Blue Guitar
            www.blueguitar.org
            Some recordings:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
              Hey, if you can just upload the images I'll quote your post and display them full-sized.

Thanks!

Steve Ahola
              No problem, my friend! I am always eager to learn something new!
              If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
              If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
              We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
              MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
              X