General Head building Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Head building Help

Hey guys, i need to build a head based around the design of a Marshall for a project.The only problem is, im not really sure how to go about doing it haha.

I guess the only thing im completly lost about, is how to get those curved corners where the wood joins, and what tools i would need to do it? Also im pretty unsure how to get those curved pieces on the front. Im guessing its some form of edging strip?

The other stuff seems kinda straight forward, but any info you think a newbie may need would be handy!

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

You just need a router to get the curved edges. Build the head complete with sharp edges & then use a router to round over the sharp edges after assembly. I don't know what radius the edges are on those so I can't tell you exactly what size round over bit you will need for the router. Anyone know that detail?

Comment

Thanks for that. I had my suspicions that i may need to use a router. I own a few Marshall's so i guess i can measure the curvature somehow. I dont supose there are any easy was of doing that?

Comment

To measure the radius just measure from where the round over starts to where it intersects with the other straight edge of the cabinet. You only need to be approximate in your measurement, then pick the router bit radius that is closest to your measurement.

No need to measure in any curves, just intersecting straight lines.

Comment

Working...
        X