BOSS DD-3(b) schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS DD-3(b) schematics

I am looking for DD-3b schematics, this would be the board with the surface mount parts. 3rd generation of the DD-3.
    (Yeah sucks)
    Does ANYONE have the schematics?
    I get the 'check light" and "direct out" sound, no sound routed through the delay at the output.
    Hoping the schems will help me trace to the problem, and that it is NOT that BOSS chip.

-Thanks!

I'll go ahead and post both DD-3 service manuals that I've been able to aquire. I posted the DD-2/DD-3 service manual already here:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t15310/#post122224

The DD-3a service manual with schematic and DD-3t service manual with schematic are attached. I don't know how the DD-3b differs.
    Attached Files
    ST in Phoenix

Comment

DD-3t schemes seem to be right. The board layout looks the same.

I bought surface mount equipment last sporing, and wil use it for the first time soon. (that specific equipment
      Thanks much!

Comment

DD3

Thanks guys. The DD3a and T stuff should help. I looked around i here for it but as usual, I couldn't find it. I get rather impatient when cyber looking. Mike.

Comment

I also have an inop DD-3 and an in op CE-3. Can you add the service notes for the CE-3?
          Thanks
          Dave

Comment

Here you go from "downstairs O.C.!"
            Attached Files

Comment

DD-3 No Delays/Repeats

Does anyone know what's going on? I have an old Japanese-made Boss Digital Delay DD-3 and recently it stopped making delayed notes. No section of the pedals seems to be functioning. However, when the pedal is turned on the signal goes through it and the LED is lit. When the pedak is off, it is just bypassed.

I have tried both battery and power supply, but I don't get any delay or reverb. Does anyone know what is going on. Perhaps it is a dry joint.

Please help.

SB

Comment

DD3 problem

I have Boss dd3 2b, and I'm having a problem with it. It produces delayed distorted sound. All knobs and parameters are functioning, but the delay sound it produces is distorted. when i use a generic adaptor, it produces heavy buzzing. I tried using a battery, yet still produces dirty sounding delay, but, without the buzzing anymore. I dont know if it is a power supply issue. Could someone help me analyze this? Thanks in advance

BTW here is the pic of a boss dd3 2b Boss DD-3 history

Comment

Thanks to all for this thread. I just had a Taiwan DD3 in with power, but no sound bypassed or with effect. Vbias was 700mv. Removed IC1 and Vbias came up to 4.5v. Replaced IC1 w/ a SMD 5532 I had in stock and boom, fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Phostenix View Post
                    I'll go ahead and post both DD-3 service manuals that I've been able to aquire. I posted the DD-2/DD-3 service manual already here:

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t15310/#post122224

The DD-3a service manual with schematic and DD-3t service manual with schematic are attached. I don't know how the DD-3b differs.
                    I have a DD-3a that when the mode selector is on 3 (800ms) it won't come on. step on it and the light comes on, take foot off, it shuts off. all other modes are fine. looking at the service notes I see that for the mode switch on 3 it doesn't show to be going anywhere.

any ideas?

Comment

And if you turn the switch to the right, there is still another position for the "hold" setting? Or is the knob just mounted wrong?
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                        And if you turn the switch to the right, there is still another position for the "hold" setting? Or is the knob just mounted wrong?
                        nah, not that stunned...lol hold works fine

Comment

Working...
                        X