Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland GC-405--worth anything?

Hi guys,

I have a nearly-new Roland GC-405 "Tube Technology" amp I'm going to list. It's a nice little amp, but I wonder if it's worth more than I think it is... I've been reading that they're relatively hard to find & that some people like them more than the Cube series amps that replaced them.

Anybody have a clue what I should ask for it? (Please note that I'm just looking for info here---this isn't an actual ad to sell it, in case that'd violate any forum rules.)

Thanks! ander

Roland GC-405

Nearly new? How much did you pay for it?

Comment

Yep, I used it only for a bit of practicing at home; never gigged with it. I don't remember how much I paid; it's been a few years.

Comment

There's a "full stack" on ebay right now that you could watch to see what it goes for.
        Roland GC-405X guitar amplifier - eBay (item 150385300799 end time Nov-08-09 10:57:45 PST)

I usually create searches that email me for items I'm trying to track on ebay. It doesn't look like amp this comes up very often - no sold ones come up.
        ST in Phoenix

Comment

Roland gc-405

A few months ago I replied to an add on Craigslist for the same amp. The guy wanted just $40.00. I should have gotten it.

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Comment

gc-405

Where are you going to post it? I might bid for it if the shipping cost isn't too much.

Comment

The GC-405X on ebay sold for $134.27 + $41.05 shipping.
                ST in Phoenix

Comment

Roland 405 wanted

I need a 405 with or without the extension cab,or any combination.

405 with extension cab
                  405 extension cab alone
                  405 without extension cab
                  I have a Roland 405 stack ,actually a 405 with two extension cabs. 12 - 5" speakers! I never use these together for fear of dropping the impedance load to danger levels on the amp.I am trying to find another 405 amp,ideally without an extension cab,but will take any combination.
                  I have a Jazzkat,Roland 408 stack,a Peavey Transtube.and a Blues DeVille 4-10 modified to make the fuzztone channel in to a second clean channel, but even though these amps have more power,the 405 sounds as good as the Blues DeVille with my Stromberg archtops,and loads in easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X