Choke location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke location

I am adding reverb to a Bogen conversion, and I ordered a choke for the power supply (something I neglected back when I did the conversion). There are 2 spots where it will fit one next to the PT, and one where the Mic input transformers use to be.(The transformer sockets and mic jacks are comming out) At first I was going to put it by the PT, but I'm thinking the PT might induce hum into the choke. Here is a pic of the amp. The two spots outlined in red are the spots I'm thinking it will fit. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

What type mounting is the choke? The conventional Fender type mounting puts the laminations at a right angle to the power transformer so either location will be ok. Where will the reverb pan and reverb transformer go?
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Thanks for the reply, It will mount at a right angle to the PT. The reverb pan will be in a separate enclosure there is no room in the chassis. I'm not using a reverb transformer, the reverb tank will be driven by a SRPP circuit because of the high input impedance of my tank. Thanks again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X