Orange Rockerverb 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Rockerverb 100

Id like to incorporate some of the preamp of this fine sounding amp into a home brew.

I have the scem here but its kinda confusing...

Looks to have 6 pre tubes.

1 loop
    1 reverb
    1 pi

3 for clean/dirty

Id like to use the Dirty circuit without the rest . (no loop / clean ch. / verb)

Would this be ... V9a-b , V8a-b , and then just out to the PI tube?
    The output being the 500K pot RV8 ?

Would anything have to be between the pot and the grid of the PI ? Maybe a 1meg

sorry--i just have the paper schematic here

Here's one I prepared earlier:

Preamp Schematic

And here's the layout I did for it (full amp minus reverb). Needs checking though... Still Beta

To answer your question though,
    V9 and V8 are for the dirty channel.
    V10 is clean
    V7 is loop
    V6 reverb
    V5 is Phase inverter

So yeah, as you say Master volume pot straight to the PI (the 47n) omit the series 1M you shouldn't need it.
    Having said that though, the loop probably will affect the overall sound of the amp, so if you're going for the authentic 'rockerverb' sound you might want to add it. Otherwise leave it out. It may well sound better without it.

Comment

k, thanks.
      with the loop turned 'off", does it affect the circuit? a far as gain ?

actually , it looks like its always in the path which would add 2 stages- correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Valvehead View Post
        k, thanks.
        with the loop turned 'off", does it affect the circuit? a far as gain ?

actually , it looks like its always in the path which would add 2 stages- correct?
        Yeah, the loop is always in the signal path. When you have two extra tube 'gain' stages in the path it will always colour the sound (for better or worse).

As far as gain, The loop shouldn't really affect the amount of gain (as in clipping/distortion). they are both clean stages. You will loose some voltage gain on V7A (cathode followers have gain less than 1) and on the voltage deviders before the CF. The recovery stage V7B is set for low voltage gain (~20). I imagine the gain of the loop was designed for a gain of around 1, as in no gain, but no loss.

Comment

orange Rocker 100

dan___o Is this rocker 100 clone fully functional?

Comment

Never tested it. It should be though. I have heard the factory schematics are correct. and it seems to make sense.

Comment

Working...
            X