Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replacement power transformer for Spectra 212-T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement power transformer for Spectra 212-T?

I need to replace the power transformer in this Spectra 212-T amplifier for a friend. It's definitely shorted out, as shown by using a current limiter. The amp uses 4-6L6 and 4-12AX7. Any recommendations/sources for a good replacement?

Refresh my memory, does that one have OpAmps too? If not, then something similar to a Fender Twin power tranny would work. Of course you need to compare mounting dimensions. Try Antique Electronic Supply . Look up part number P-T290FX . If it does have a low voltage supply for the pre amp then you may have to be a little creative and add a smaller tranny for that part of the power supply. I haven't seen a Spectra amp around here in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
      Refresh my memory, does that one have OpAmps too? If not, then something similar to a Fender Twin power tranny would work. Of course you need to compare mounting dimensions. Try Antique Electronic Supply . Look up part number P-T290FX . If it does have a low voltage supply for the pre amp then you may have to be a little creative and add a smaller tranny for that part of the power supply. I haven't seen a Spectra amp around here in years.
      It has op-amps in the reverb driver and recovery circuits. It uses the HV tap to do the bias and supply the op-amps w/ +/-18vdc. That transformer looks like it might do the trick.

Comment

I picked up a Hammond replacement transformer for a Fender Twin that I think will work. Specs here: 01 - More Info for item P-T290FX

The problem I have now is the new one mounts thru the chassis unlike the original which had upright mounts. The bell ends of the original are exactly the right size for mounting on the new transformer but not deep enough on the one side for all the wires. Is there an acceptable method for shimming the bell so it can clear the wires?

Comment

Working...
        X