Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram

I am putting together a wiring diagram reference book and just completed my first diagram. I am looking for comments. Would you rather see it differently in terms of component design? It will have to stay in black and white due to printing costs, but i am open to other ideas.

Wimsatt Instruments

In the big space on the left is going to be a parts list
    Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

You might want to be more consistent when indicating where wires cross without making a connection, or better yet go with an explicit black dot when you do mean there to be a junction.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to go with arcs, but decided to go with the black dot junction.
        Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

And maybe make perfectly clear the perspective - are we seeing the bottom of the pot, or is it top view? The jack graphic may not be clear to all in terms of which is the tip and which is the sleeve.

Comment

I am going to have a legend in the beginning of the book with all that info and I also think I am going to change all the grounding paths to dotted lines.
            Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

I would make it clearer that soldering tips of the pots are actual parts of the pots (i.e. I would link the tips to the circle describing the pots).
              On a totally different point of view, I think I would put disclaimer / TM marks to the trade marked names listed to publish this.
              www.bourvonaudiodesign.fr

Comment

What value pots, what value and what kind of capacitor? Where does the battery go?
                http://www.SDpickups.com
                Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

This is the second format draft. The grounds are now dashed, each solder point is a dot, and the parts list has been added. Any other critiques?

ps: I know the switch isnt listed on the parts. It has been fixed in the original.

Wimsatt Instruments

Comment

If you do a small 180 degree curve (half a circle) where lines cross over but don`t connect it will make the schematic clearer. Also a standard earth sign you donīt need the green circle, just the inverted christmas tree.
                    CHEERS

Andrew

Comment

I would do the following:

Clearly say if this is the view from the front (player side) or the rear (cavity side.

Mark each pot with a symbol, like P1, P2, P3.

Identify the function of each pot (volume, tone, et al) and switch.

Mark each switch with a symbol (S1, S2, et al).

Say if the pot taper is linear or logarithmic. "Audio" isn't quite clear.

Mark the capacitor with a symbol, say C1.

Use the symbol names in the parts list, so it if perfectly clear which component goes with which description.

Comment

Working...
                      X