Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall 15W "Haze" mhz15 Schematic; Blackstar HT-5 Schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 15W "Haze" mhz15 Schematic; Blackstar HT-5 Schematic?

Anyone have one or both available? Thanks!

Blackstar doesn't supply schematics. I made some sketches of the HT-5 based on photos of the PC boards. They are unfinished because I couldn't interprete everything from the photos I had available. Some component values are missing because they were impossible or too uncertain to read and I had no photos of the (solder side of) rear PC board housing the speaker jacks and the FX loop driver circuit. Until I either get more photos or the actual amp these will stay as is.

Anyway, I think you should be able to work from these.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks ! We all are look forward to end this very good job !

Comment

Thanks! Very nice work!

Anyone have the 15W Haze head Schems?

Comment

Anyone on the mhz15 marshall 15 watt haze schem? This thing needs help bad!

Comment

Bump. Still looking for the Marshall MHZ 15 schematic.

Comment

Ah, it appeared on the dealer site.

All tube with DFX. Really? Guess I better start stocking those digital tubes for the all tube DFX then...
              Attached Files
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo!

Comment

Interesting…? Yes, obviously there are solid-state components involved in the power supply, switching and DFX circuitry but I don’t see how that is any different from many modern tube amps that are also marketed as “all-tube”. Well-regulated supply and solid-state logic is pretty much a standard feature in anything featuring SS-based switching and especially microchips. Same thing with SS components is going on in Mesa-Boogies, Marshalls, Diezels, Bogners etc. They may not neccessarily use microchips for effect processing but there are plenty for features such as MIDI. I still think these amps are essentially “all tube”.

The signal path of the Haze 15 is pretty much 100% tube excluding the DFX section, which – as can be easily noted – is just a parallel circuit branch taking signal feed for time-based effects and mixing the effect circuit’s fully wet output signal back to the unprocessed signal. Sort of like a generic parallel branch for a typical spring reverb circuit – which nowadays are often solid-state-driven too, by the way (e.g. Peavey Classic amps). In no part do I see the DFX section interrupting, being in series, with the all-tube signal path. There are, for example, no DA/AD conversions for the dry signal taking place. Nor does the dry signal pass any solid-state device. The only part of the signal affected by any kind of DFX processing is the completely wet output signal of the effects processor. Can’t see how that could “ruin” the all-tube sound – if that’s what you care for.

If you are surprised that a so-called ”all-tube” amp that features a chorus effect (plus other time-based effects) actually uses solid-state components for those functions then you really must look into mirror. Did you really expect to find a tube-based microprocessor or a bucket brigade delay from there? I didn’t think so.

…Personally I have much more gripe about the Blackstar HT-5 being marketed as an all-tube amp with no diode clipping and an automatic biasing feature. And sorry, we can’t supply schematics because that would reveal we are bullshitting you and are too lazy to provide tech support concerning biasing after power tube swap…

Comment

teemu, I am sorry, I was just being facetious. I myself am not concerned over the SS inclusions. "All tube with DFX" just sorta sounds self-contradictory, so I was trying to be funny.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo,
                      I heard the new Marshall Class 5 combo the other day and was very impressed. No doubt the closed back design contributed to its larger than life sound.
                      Have you seen the schemo for this amp by chance.
                      Thanks.
                      John G.

Comment

No, I don;t see them until I have to look them up. Never heard of that one. It is listed in my dealer site, but no schematic is offered. COnsidering the description, 5 watts, it should be simple to draw a schematic from the unit.

Comment

Hi Enzo,
                          Thanks for the reply, I don't know if the shop will let me take it away and disect their new amp....................no doubt one will turn up at my workshop door one day.

On another matter while I have your ear, I would like to thank you for your consistent high level of assistance to people on this forum, your generosity with not only your time but also with your outstanding technical knowledge is appreciated.

All the best for the Season.
                          Cheers,
                          John G

Comment

Hey Enzo,

You wouldn't happen to have the Haze 40watt combo schematic as well, would you? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by erigm View Post
                              Hey Enzo,

You wouldn't happen to have the Haze 40watt combo schematic as well, would you? Thanks.

I second that request. If Enzo found the Haze 15 schematic on a dealer site, perhaps they also have the MHZ40C Haze 40 combo?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X