Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get replacement parts for a Fender Twin Reverb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get replacement parts for a Fender Twin Reverb?

Hi guys,

I just acquired a 1978 Fender Twin Reverb and I'm intending to restore it.
    The problem is one side of the chassis is missing the washers and nuts (see picture below).
    I'm currently using some tape and a small piece of wood to temporarily hold the chassis in place.

Firstly, what is that part called?? Secondly, where I can purchase the replacement parts?
    It would be great if anyone can recommend me a few good places I can get tolex and grill cloth at affordable prices?

Thanks a lot!

Are there also holes right under those in the chassis floor? SO a long bolt could drop through these holes and on all the way through?

Most Fender amps mount with long bolts through the top of the cab, all the way through teh chassis, and nuts on the screw ends underneath. And instead of washers up top, thre is a metal strap stretching between the screws.

Chassis straps

Long chassis bolts

I forget what the things in your photo are called, they aren;'t tinnerman nuts. Some kind of speed nut I'd think.
    Those are available through tubesandmore.com and many other places.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hmm there are no holes through the chassis floor, though the other side has a chassis strap.

Comment

Found these under car supply (those are nuts for car bodies):
        http://www.nat-trade.com/Bilder/autoparts/A12669a.JPG

Or you could try plate nuts instead and use a rather thick wood screw to drive into. That would make for a strong connection.
        http://www.pma-mobile.com/html/bilde...lechmutter.jpg
        Over here you can get them in every DIY center. Should be the same in your place.

Hope this helps

Comment

McMaster-Carr probably has any of these.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

They do, they are called "cage nuts". McMaster-Carr
            -Mike

Comment

www.partsisparts.net and Hoffman Amps have been a good sources for Tolex and parts.

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys!

Comment

Working...
                X