High pitched coming noise from my rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High pitched coming noise from my rig

My rig is making a high pitched noise when I have it all hooked together. If I disconnect one side of the rig from my a-b pedal the noise stops, but I want to be able to run it as shown with easy switching between the two rigs.

I don't think it is a normal ground loop, too high pitched.

Note- I use a onespot to power the wah, delay, and multi effect. The foxx, and chorus have their own power. The fuzz and treble boost run on batteries.
    I use a humx on the little lanilei amp.

This is my first post, so hello and thank you for your help!

It's probably the Onespot power adapter, they're switched mode and I've had trouble with them generating noise in the past.

Try running the things that were powered by the Onespot off batteries instead, as a temporary test.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Thanks, I've heard onespots can get noisy.

I wonder if there is a similar power supply without the noise?

Comment

I use this one, I think it's a Sound Lab DC9.

Sound Lab DC-9 Power Bank | DiscoFreq's Effects Database
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
          I use this one, I think it's a Sound Lab DC9.

Sound Lab DC-9 Power Bank | DiscoFreq's Effects Database
          Hmm ... I cant find a US distributor, too bad I'd like to try that.

Comment

I just noticed my thread title is bass ackwards

I'm off to a good start here.
            Last edited by primativ; 12-15-2009, 05:21 PM.

Comment

That is the inside of the signalflex a-b pedal.

I think I know what the problem is now. The signal flex is bleeding the signal from the germania treble booster to the vbm-1. The vbm-1 has a built in booster so its basically getting two boosts at full blast and the vbm-1 doesn't take it well. I tested this by turning off the vbm-1's built in booster and the noise went way down. The other two amps were not really contributing to the noise.

So I think the flaw is in the a-b pedal. Do any wiring experts know how I could eliminate the bleed through in this switcher.

If you can recommend a new switcher it needs to be passive as treble boosters hate having buffers in front of them.

Comment

Working...
              X