(((don'r spit))) I need a diagram..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (((don'r spit))) I need a diagram..

I have an older 2x12 Cabinet that a friend of mine built for me. it has 2 Carvin British Classic 12" 8 ohm speakers in it.
    It's been sitting in my garage for several years now (about 13 years).
    I know the Fender Champion 600 will supposedly drive a 2x12 cab, but I checkd the OHM resistance with my multimeter (I know, DC vs AC is different), but as far as I can tell, the thing is 8 ohm.
    How can I wire 2 8 ohm speakers to be 4 ohm.
    I need as many diagram type visuals as you can muster.
    Sorry for such basic questions, but I am completely new to doing anything tech wise to my gear. I've always had someone to do it for me.
    Help!
    Jory Lee

If it has two 8 ohm speakers it can only be 4 ohms or 16 ohms. If the speakers are wired in parallel there will be one wire going from the jack to the first speaker + then to the second speaker +. There will be another wire going from the jack to the first speaker - and then to the second speaker -. That will be 4 ohms. If they are wired in series there will be a wire from the jack to the + of the first speaker, a wire from the - of the first speaker to the + of the second speaker and a wire from the - of the second speaker back to the jack. That would be 16 ohms.
    David

Comment

I took the back of the cab (closed back) and that was the way they were wired---Out of the guitar in-jack to the first speaker's + and -...out of it into the + and - of the corresponding speaker...
      Is there a real way to measure resistance in a cab with a standard multimeter?
      Jory Lee

Comment

No, your only measuring the resistance of the wire in the voice coil.

Comment

Working...
        X